BREXIT Page 2

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th September 2019, 10:14 PM

Ha yes, it's not the plumpest of pillows is it, maybe it is dribble. I got the one next to it very wrong, before I finally used it and it told me what it was I thought it was a drunk Scotsman with a fag in his mouth. It sort of still is but the day after. Ill See you Jimmy, ooh ma heid.

I too thought the sleeping emoji included a pool of dribble but, having looked closely, I think it might actually be a pillow.

The one next to it does indeed look like a Scotsman with a fag or a pipe in his mouth but, again on closer inspection and having seen that it represents someone who is "ill", it now seems more likely to be somebody with an ice pack on his head and a thermometer in his mouth.

What gives weight to it being a pillow is the two lines could be for large button fastenings on the pillow case.

"Wales will live and thrive as a European nation or it will die as a British backwater."

So said Adam Price, leader of Plaid Cymru, at a conference in Swansea today.

He expects a referendum on Welsh independence within a decade and it wouldn't surprise me if Scotland goes the same way if the UK leaves the EU.

I have never believed the UK is going to leave the EU and, even at this late stage, I still expect somebody to step in and stop Brexit.

In the event that the UK does leave, I expect both Wales and Scotland to be home to millions of English immigrants before the 2020s are over.

And perhaps the poetic justice of the situation will be that a great many of those English immigrants will then know exactly how it feels to be told several times a week to go back where they came from. Laughing out loud

October 31st is only about 4 weeks away. I can't wait!

Quote: Chappers @ 4th October 2019, 11:08 PM

Do you have your guising costume ready? Good luck with the dooking.
Laughing out loud

Quote: Chappers @ 4th October 2019, 11:08 PM

They do say that the pavements will turn to gold and the trees will start sprouting emeralds...

The date the EU set on the (first) extension shows their contempt for Brexit and their lack of respect for the British who voted to leave with a list of good reasons to, and with nearly 30 years of complaining about the increasingly bossy and petty EU and the way it increasingly looks to be a big get rich scheme for hundreds of petty bureaucrats which made most ordinary people poorer. Brexit wasn't a bolt out of the blue, it was a long awaited backlash.

The date and its association with a tongue in cheek festival of doom and death and horror will be making this more and more of a sick joke, whatever the result by midnight that day. A deliberate demeaning of a referendum result they detest and refuse to honour with any dignity or reflection of what it meant - fully leaving the EU and ruling ourselves again. I reckon the next deadline they'll set will be April 1st. Just leave and let them sort Ireland out, they love bureaucracy so much let them stand on the borders in suits and earn their money for once being shot at and bombed. We've wasted enough of our servicemen's lives over a nation that just wants trouble, while half of them don't even live there.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 5th October 2019, 1:12 PM

The date the EU set on the (first) extension shows their contempt for Brexit and their lack of respect for the British who voted to leave with a list of good reasons to, and with nearly 30 years of complaining about the increasingly bossy and petty EU and the way it increasingly looks to be a big get rich scheme for hundreds of petty bureaucrats which made most ordinary people poorer. This wasn't a bolt out of the blue, it was a long awaited backlash.

The date and its association with a tongue in cheek festival of doom and death and horror will be making this more and more of a sick joke, whatever the result by midnight that day. A deliberate demeaning of a referendum result they detest and refuse to honour with any dignity or reflection of what it meant - fully leaving the EU and ruling ourselves again. I reckon the next deadline they'll set will be April 1st. Just leave and let them sort Ireland out, they love bureaucracy so much let them stand on the borders in suits and earn their money for once being shot at and bombed. We've wasted enough of our servicemen's lives over a nation that just wants trouble, while half of them don't even live there.

Erm, you do realise that Northern Ireland is part of the UK? And that if we damage the peace in Ireland with a Brexit at any cost strategy the US won't do a trade deal with us. Bloody reality, always getting in the way of everything.

That's the best laugh I've had all year, Kipper.

Quote: chipolata @ 5th October 2019, 2:22 PM

Erm, you do realise that Northern Ireland is part of the UK? And that if we damage the peace in Ireland with a Brexit at any cost strategy the US won't do a trade deal with us. Bloody reality, always getting in the way of everything.

Indeed.

Leavers don't do logic.

Remainers, supposition = facts

Quote: beaky @ 5th October 2019, 4:50 PM

Leavers don't do logic.

Yes, indeed. I've just read out Kipper's post to Mr. B to give him a laugh, but mainly he thought it was pretty ignorant.

Erm, you do realise that Northern Ireland is part of the UK?

I think I do. Who mentioned NI? I mentioned Ireland, it's a different country that's refusing to agree with a sensible solution to stop a hard border and the trouble which ensues from it. Why? Because they want to keep NI in that permanent backstop which will effectively keep a united Ireland in the EU. It's really what the EU want as well.

We're not going to be able sign a trade deal with anyone if we leave on EU's proposal are we. When will you lot realise they are stopping us from ACTUALLY leaving.
Brexit means leaving the EU ffs. How does signing a deal which keeps one of our countries in the EU and stops all four UK countries from signing our own trade deals, and still having to abide by EU law and trade regs equate to leaving? They're trapping us in the EU and using the prospect of renewed slaughter by terrorists as blackmail to keep us there.

It's utterly disgusting. The EU f**ked up in losing us but don't want to take any blame. If they hadn't refused to reform when Cameron asked then he wouldn't have called a referendum. They want to stop anyone else leaving by trying to damage us. If I owned a club where my 2nd biggest customer cancelled their membership I'd think about changing some of my rules to keep them in not get twenty seven mates to threaten to destroy them if they leave. They are no more than a mafia who don't want to lose their lucrative fiddle.

No, sonny. When will you realise Cameron was only worried about keeping the Tories in line? Maybe you went to Eton (aye, right) so he was sucking up to you (not) That's why we had the bloody silly referendum and numpties like you fell for it. But I'm wasting my time here - you're too thick and xenophobic to undrstand, and like a typical Little Englander, you have no respect for the Irish. Maybe you'll change your mind when the bombing starts again.