Motherland Page 2

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 17th November 2017, 11:59 AM

I'm not entirely sure if he's absent as in never home or they are apart? Was quite funny though when he said "I'm right behind you, whatever you want to do" etc and then sped off on his go-karting fun day.

:D
I took it that he's just never home because he's a shit.

Yes, he's a shit and a tit!

Just watched 3 in a row on the Catch Up service.

Yes - Horgan + Lineham = very funny.

Her friend is very reminiscent of Horgan's friend in that other one*!

(You have to bear with me - I'm over 60!)

* Tanya Franks in Pulling!

Didn't end as strongly as it started but hopefully a new series will allow them take it further. If my life as a school Dad is anything to go by there's a lot of ripe fruit on that tree!

Loved it. Some real belly laughs here, though episode 6 was disappointing. Great cast; great characters. Once upon a time I was the only bloke in a PTA. Sure hope I wasn't a mega-drip like Kevin! Great to see Ben Crompton as the 'Animal Man' or should that be 'Cat Man?' Would like to see more of him. Thought Julia quite 'hot' in her blue jeans, flat shoes and sexy glasses. Must be 'my type.' Guessing/hoping there'll be a second series.

I watched about 4 episodes on catch-up before it was on TV - a bit of a contradiction I know - but because it wasn't regular I forgot the end of the series.

This was an alright series, Diane Morgan being the saving grace. A little bit weak compared with Linehan's other sitcoms but I still quite liked it.

But imo it was criminal that this was commissioned over James Acaster's We The Jury, a pilot which came out at the same time as Motherland's, and also featured Diane Morgan. But there you go, here's hoping he does this or a different sitcom down the road :)

I meant to post ages ago, but couldn't log in. I loved it.

Pleased to see that this returns for a second series on Monday. Probably, apart from Derry Girls, the best comedy series of the last couple of years (not that that's hard to achieve).

Another Sharon Horgan series.

I can't remember it actually but I may give it another go.

The first series wasn't my thing at all. Really shockingly bad, especially considering some of the names involved.

It's a bit better this time around, which is likely in no small part due to a change in the writers' room. One liability is certainly gone.

Not as good tonight as the first series. Found the new character a bit loud and OTT.

I think I was confusing this with Mum. I did see a few which were OK. I'll watch it on catch-up.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th October 2019, 11:00 PM

I think I was confusing this with Mum. I did see a few which were OK. I'll watch it on catch-up.

No, this is nothing like Mum. This one can be quite amusing at times.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th October 2019, 11:32 PM

Not as good tonight as the first series. Found the new character a bit loud and OTT.

Yep to this. Though very well played.
Which is disappointing as the programme appears to be trying to get across a worthwhile message but then totally over eggs the pudding.
I do think Anna Maxwell Martin is excellent, which has surprised me some what as I had created my own typecast view of her as a 'serious' actress...oops...actor.