I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,100

Never heard it. The Johnson speech. Was wrestling all day with my pyracnatha. Bloke who runs the newsagents says "what's that?". I say it is a cross between a python, a racoon and a panther. He goes "it's a plant isn't it, recommended by the police on their website as a means of deterring burglars". Well, ok, smarty pants but I wasn't trying to break into my own house was I? If you have such a massive brain on you, shouldn't you be more than a newsagent? "No" he says. "As a newsagent I don't need to have visible cuts on my hands, legs and face from an austerity style pruning." Austerity. What a joke. We used to call it autumn going into winter. "Well great for you but I wobbled for three hours on a ladder, didn't break my back and it's hacked so there is no excuse for you, is there, to wear used army trousers while just selling cheese. I like you. I wouldn't come in here if I didn't. But it's been three years now and I feel we should know the whole story." At that point he spontaneously combusted. I'd warned him against pyromania but there is no talking to a geezer who spends the few spare hours he has buying gear that wasn't washed by the last owner. Anyhow, so what did Bozo have to say?

Goodness knows.I don't waste my time listening to his lies, but I saw, on the News, the nutters cheering him.

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd October 2019, 10:15 PM

And the moronic crowd tossed their sweaty nightcaps in the air and voted for ... doom.

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd October 2019, 10:26 AM

Goodness knows.I don't waste my time listening...

Should it be me, or shall I leave it to someone else, to point out the nonsense of those two statements?

Greta Thunberg looks forward to a prestigious award next week.

Trump was taunting Greta recently, he also mocked a disabled reporter, propositioned a 10 year old in a lift and is having a go at women in minority groups. He is such a coward, he really does like to bully the most vulnerable targets.

Taunted, mocked, propositioned?

Trump does lack common human decency. Say what you like about Kenyan Muslim Obama, but he at least behaved in a presidential manner.

What I find most extraordinary - and this applies to Boris too - is that so many women fall adoringly at the bloke's feet - more than happy to vote him in despite his blatantly unsavoury treatment of women.
Talk about letting the side down.

People are funny like that.
My aunt was a Rev in the United Reform Church and was opposed to much of what the Catholics were up to.But when the Pope came to visit the the UK she was one of the first in the queue to have a photo with him :).

Quote: Rood Eye @ 3rd October 2019, 4:28 PM

Cast of ET sequel revealed.

I didn't know it was as bad of this

Or as funny as this...

"Female sprinters complain that new starting block cameras show them from an intimate angle."

Acute angle?

"Sadly, Boris's groping isn't an issue for most voters," says Janet Street-Porter.

It's a funny old world, isn't it?

Show me a rich, powerful, famous man who hasn't groped few women (or men) in his time and I'll show you somebody who many people would accuse of wasting his wealth, power and fame.

Come to think of it, show me any man who hasn't groped few women (or men) in his time and I'll show you somebody who many people would accuse of wasting his life.

I, of course, am not one of those many people.

Anyone who goes around telling people they are wasting their life are probably hypocrites.