Status report Page 6,052

I had a phone call yesterday.
Caller "I understand you were involved in an accident recently."
Me. "Yes. I lost both of my legs - and I nearly lost my head>"
Caller "And when exactly did this happen?"

Did you tell them you lost your brain a very long time ago? Laughing out loud

Train delayed "because there are a lot of trains on the track"!

Will Cam is a very happy boy. Having been picked at random for this month's Supporters competition. I have today received my prize - the new memoir from Dick Clement & Ian La Frenais and Bernard Cribbins' memoirs.

Well chuffed, thanks Mark and Aaron

Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd October 2019, 7:36 PM

Will Cam is a very happy boy. Having been picked at random for this month's Supporters competition. I have today received my prize - the new memoir from Dick Clement & Ian La Frenais and Bernard Cribbins' memoirs.

Well chuffed, thanks Mark and Aaron

Congrats :) Is there a copy of Girly World ensconced within?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 3rd October 2019, 11:53 PM

Congrats :) Is there a copy of Girly World ensconced within?

No, but there was a copy of 'Comedian's Wives':D

Quote: Will Cam @ 4th October 2019, 10:48 AM

a copy of 'Comedian's Wives'

I know that magazine very well.

It was initially a dismal failure until someone hit upon the idea of showing only women who had married a comedian after he'd hit the big time.

Michael Jackson 'Espadriller'

Tasso is a spicy, smoked pork product used for flavor in Cajun dishes like gumbo, jambalaya, and red beans & rice. It's almost impossible to find outside of Louisiana and shipping costs are prohibitive, so I'm making my own. I'm drying 10 pounds in front of a fan for an hour or two before putting it in the smoker for a few hours.

Next, I'll be making some andouille sausage.

I think your flowers in the left vase could do with some water.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th October 2019, 11:22 PM

Hello Hercules. Hug

(Did your Nan pronounce it "vause"? - my Nan pronounced it "vause" and she was a Nippy) :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippy

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th October 2019, 11:22 PM

:)

Those are just some "decorative" sticks that my mother put in place when I bought the house 12 years ago. If I were in charge of decorating, the walls would be bare. Maybe a concert poster or beer advertisement, but not much else.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 7th October 2019, 11:24 PM

Hello Hercules. Hug

(Did your Nan pronounce it "vause"? - my Nan pronounced it "vause" and she was a Nippy) :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippy

Yes, know what a Nippy is as I'm trying to work it into an OC question. An' roun' these parts bor, we say Varse. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ 8th October 2019, 2:51 PM

:)

Those are just some "decorative" sticks that my mother put in place when I bought the house 12 years ago. If I were in charge of decorating, the walls would be bare. Maybe a concert poster or beer advertisement, but not much else.

Ah yes, nothing like a display of sticks to brighten the home.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th October 2019, 4:21 PM

Ah yes, nothing like a display of sticks to brighten the home.

There can be no understanding of how the female decorating mind works. It's best not to question them.

You'll notice that I tried to improve things by hanging a ceramic figurine of Albert E. Gator, the University of Florida mascot.

Came across a Subbuteo Angling in an antiques centre in the Cotswolds today. Who knew? I was aware of cricket & rugby but angling??!!

Don't know if it involved magnets on the end of little rods...