Newsjack Series 21 - September 2019 Page 13

One liners: Breaking News: Jamie Oliver, Antarctica iceberg, Greta,
GW/BW: Ricky Martin, Elon Musk and Royal Mail!

Good luck everyone! Anyone been to the recording this week?

J x

How did I miss the cave prisoner story this week?!

're. Format, have always tried to stick to the template. Although I'm obsessive with spacing so have to tweak it a bit in places :D .

Question: when you submit sketches do you bother writing a draft intro for the host? I always have because the example on the Newsjack website contains it but it's not clear the template that it's required. And it makes the sketch look half a page longer than it actually is...

Quote: Jonnyg323 @ 2nd October 2019, 9:42 AM

How did I miss the cave prisoner story this week?!

're. Format, have always tried to stick to the template. Although I'm obsessive with spacing so have to tweak it a bit in places :D .

Question: when you submit sketches do you bother writing a draft intro for the host? I always have because the example on the Newsjack website contains it but it's not clear the template that it's required. And it makes the sketch look half a page longer than it actually is...

Hi Johnny,
I'm right there with you on getting anal with spacing. I find the RTF format can move stuff about a bit depending on which software you open with. Which does drive me a little crazy.
I am very new to this (2 weeks in), but am including an intro. Means I can set up the sketch plus try and add a couple of jokes in. However, always assume things will get edited by the NJ team.

Sketch went with Bacteria 'Striptease' and One-liners, Weight-loss playing Pokemon Go, Biffa fine, threat to conker trees (real obvious joke) and Mr Thomas Cooke receiving death threats since company collapse. Nothing ground-breaking, but will live in hope.
Costello

Quote: Jonnyg323 @ 2nd October 2019, 9:42 AM

A couple of series ago I submitted a sketch and although the sketch itself didn't make the show, they took one of my jokes from the intro and put it into the show as a one-liner, so it definitely can't hurt to include your own intro!

Yes - always do an intro!

See on Twitter that someone got a joke in. So I guess it's onto ep5.

Any winners?

I've just had the close but didn't make the final broadcast e-mail

Quote: GAP1 @ 3rd October 2019, 6:04 PM

Well done.

Quote: GAP1 @ 3rd October 2019, 6:04 PM

Unlucky

Unlucky GAP!

Nothing for me. Or anyone else by the look of it!?

Well done

Nowt here. Well done if you got an email!

Well done GAP1 on getting a nearly.

Nothing here for me.

Working late today - belated well done GAP

Well done GAP, poor showing from the rest of us! Just listened to the show... intro and one-liners were OK, some barely got a titter and there are definitely better jokes on the reject thread. Thought the sketches were really poor this week, I can't believe that's the best they got in (I did like the 999 one though apart from its weak ending)... I did notice the contributors' names were heavily weighted to the beginning of the alphabet so my plan for next week is to write under the pseudonym Aaron Aarovich.