Outside Edge

I Absolutley loved it (and sure it wasn't totally to do with my crush on Josie Lawrence. Just discovered they've released it on DVD (probably ages ago).

But thinking it may be those one that:

a) Aren't as good as your remember or

b) You shouldn't admit to liking in public.

Anyone seen it RECENTLY?

It's been a while since I've properly watched any (I'll stick some on later and refresh myself), but it struck me as very Marmite. So both a) and b) could be equally correct!

I've not seen it recently.

Wasn't it originally a one-off with Maureen Lipman?

I love them both

It was OK. More lightly amusing than actually funny I found. But a great cast - Robert Dawes is consistently excellent.

Just watching series one at the moment. Definitely agree with Dave. More amusing than funny. Nice, gentle, enjoyable show though, and deals with some quintessentially British themes quite well. Interesting array of characters too, and very well written.

This is being repeated on ITV3. Just watching the first episode on catch-up.

Great characters, great actors and I always liked Josie Lawrence as the big lump.

A stellar cast of Blethyn, Dawes, Spall and the aforementioned Josie. Is she really that tall or is it just the way she's been filmed?

She's apparently 5'8", which is taller than average for a female in Britain, but not in any way 'tall'. I suspect it's just the filming, and the contrast with the rest of the cast.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st October 2019, 9:41 PM

She's apparently 5'8", which is taller than average for a female in Britain, but not in any way 'tall'. I suspect it's just the filming, and the contrast with the rest of the cast.

Yes I just looked it up. Just the right height.

According to the National Center for Health Statistics (USA), a woman of 5'8" is taller than 95% of women in the USA.

I don't imagine there's much difference between North American women and British women in that respect.

I think 5'6" is the average. A bit too short for me though.

Where is Josie now by the way?

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd October 2019, 5:30 PM

I think 5'6" is the average.

According to the Office of National Statistics, the average height of a woman in the UK is 5ft 3in.

The Americans calculate the average height of their women at a smidgen over 5ft 3½in.

The average height of a man in the UK is 5ft 9in.

The Americans say their guys are on average 5ft 9½in.