Newsjack Series 21 - September 2019 Page 12

I submitted a quickie sketch on Boaty McBoatface for the fun of writing it and as I love the name. I think it has no chance.
I tried to adapt my jokes but did not spend too long on them. Not sure if I made them Newsjacky or if they are unfunny.

Good luck, BTF

No sketches as per usual, and have been struggling for oneliner / gwbw inspiration, but now reasonably happy with 5

Does seem to be a dearth of quirky stories for potential newsjack ideas, though

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 30th September 2019, 8:27 PM

Does seem to be a dearth of quirky stories for potential newsjack ideas, though

I was also struggling until the BBC saved the day with a story about a toddler filling his father's grave.

Quote: Bonzo @ 28th September 2019, 2:56 PM

we use the template and send as an RTF

Thank you Bonzo and others for the responses regarding format..
One OK sketch in yesterday. Now to submit my one-liners.

Costello

My oneliner submissions this week have been absolutely terrible, and ended up rushing at the last minute. Back at work, so missing the luxury of time. Of course that means they will probably fit this week.
One sketch in, but it was about the Naga Munchetti row, which of course changed.

Ran out of time so just submitted three average-at-best one-liners. Didn't seem to be much around news-wise.

Managed to smash 6 in at the last minute. Good luck everyone!!

Probably a lot submitted around these stories but I went with : Pub full of Nigels, Southern European wasp, late return of library book ( twice ), Chinese cave fugitive and Cannabis cultivating chef

Kenny - Yep, I went with those last two stories too.

yeah, that Chinese cave man jumped out at me too. lots of opportunities for very daft jokes with that news story...perfect Newsjack fayre!

Those sound great choices. Mine were dreadful. So bad I cannot recall them. Lorna Luft, the house of commons abuse, overcharged water on flight, pet cannabis medicine.
Remembered...Thomas Cook boss and vaccinations.

We went for:
Sketch - kids getting private tuition
Oneliners - only 2 this week, meat and renee zellweger

Good luck everyone!

Oneliners - went for Hard Brexit, virtual reality x 2, John Bercow, Asics and savannah cat. Then at 12:10 I remembered I'd written a better one about the iceberg, doh, I hope it hasn't melted by next week... Sketch was David Attenborough.

Only sent two jokes, I swear this process is making me less funny. And before you say anything, yes, it is possible.

Sketches - Clarkson's calls Greta Thunberg a spoilt brat / Prince Harry Instagram

One Liners / GWBW - Theresa May book / Frozen 2 / McDonald's shark attack / Cannabis chef / One foot in the grave / Prisoner in cave