Things that piss you off Page 1,770

Quote: Firkin @ 21st September 2019, 2:53 PM

People that insist on being ignorant, just so they can keep applying their life long prejudice (e.g. The American PM). And then those that make silly mistakes which they later correct, end up getting more stick (e.g. the Canadian PM). Bonkers.

Yes I'm ignorant because I read the Daily Mail.

Quote: Firkin @ 21st September 2019, 2:53 PM

People that insist on being ignorant, just so they can keep applying their life long prejudice (e.g. The American PM).

I'm fairly certain that we don't have a PM.

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd September 2019, 3:14 PM

I'm fairly certain that we don't have a PM.

I don't know, your president strikes me as very premenstrual (bloated, irrational, mood swings, food craving, etc).

Quote: chipolata @ 24th September 2019, 6:22 AM

I don't know, your president strikes me as very premenstrual (bloated, irrational, mood swings, food craving, etc).

And now you're making disparaging remarks based upon gender. Tsk, that's so non-woke. Un-woke? Asleep?

Quote: DaButt @ 24th September 2019, 6:27 AM

And now you're making disparaging remarks based upon gender.

I'm happy to. I'm complex like that.

You're ignorant. - And what does that mean?

Thursday BBC2 1.45pm to 10pm - Live athletics. That's OVER 8 HOURS SOLID of skinny twats running and jumping. Sleepy

Dear oh effin' dear, and yeah, I know I don't have to watch it - that's not the point. If people want to see this sort of thing, then the Beeb should set up a sport channel, which many have said over the years.

I love it when people on FB go, 'I've been through my friends list and anyone who has not been in touch for 3 years is OFF.' If someone doesn't get in touch for 3 years, not even on Facebook, will they give a f**k either way?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 29th September 2019, 10:49 AM

I love it when people on FB go, 'I've been through my friends list and anyone who has not been in touch for 3 years is OFF.' If someone doesn't get in touch for 3 years, not even on Facebook, will they give a f**k either way?

Not wishing to be pedantic but shouldn't that post be on the "Things I love" thread?

But seriously though, Michael - I take your point.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th September 2019, 12:35 PM

Thursday BBC2 1.45pm to 10pm - Live athletics. That's OVER 8 HOURS SOLID of skinny twats running and jumping. Sleepy

Dear oh effin' dear, and yeah, I know I don't have to watch it - that's not the point. If people want to see this sort of thing, then the Beeb should set up a sport channel, which many have said over the years.

There's a bloke I work with takes his annual leave to watch things like this, the Olympics, Snooker etc.

I take a few days off every year so I can cram in some snooker. Either May for the world championship or December for the UK championship.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th September 2019, 12:35 PM

Thursday BBC2 1.45pm to 10pm - Li ive athletics. That's OVER 8 HOURS SOLID of skinny twats running and jumping. Sleepy

I like how empty the stadium was. You'd think they could just CGI a crowd in.

DAB Radio

Total crap!

Sure the sound quality is good- that is when it's isnt constantly cutting out every 30 seconds

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd October 2019, 8:00 PM

DAB Radio

Total crap!

Sure the sound quality is good- that is when it's isnt constantly cutting out every 30 seconds

Bloody hell, lofty! You think you've got problems?

There are people here who can remember looking forward to spending an hour every Sunday night with one ear pressed hard against their radio speaker so they could hear "The Top 20" on Radio Luxembourg.

That was just about the only pop music anybody in Britain ever heard on radio in those days.

Not only was the sound continually fluctuating between fairly quiet and non-existent, but you missed a lot of the music while you had your head away from the radio asking your family politely to shut the f*** up!

Laughing out loud

I have three DAB radios around the house on which I used to listen to Gold (as well as Radio 4 Extra). Now there's no availability on the original Gold wavelength (if that's what it's still called) and I find they've transferred it to DAB Plus (whatever that is). So I suppose they expect me to buy three new radios?