Tony Slattery

So pleased to see here on the BCG that he is finally getting back to doing something with his life - he was SOOOO GOOD on Whose Line, as witnessed here. Nearly wet myself watching this...................................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4x0iWJYbH0&t=141s

He was everywhere on TV in his day then vanished as if he'd died. A lot more talented than most of today's panel show stars and he could act as well. I'm not sure his return to TV is a wise thing, given his well aired addiction problems as he was known for his sharpness and speed of thought. That usually goes when you've been saturated in alcohol for twenty years. Best to remember him as he was.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th September 2019, 10:33 AM

Best to remember him as he was.

Absolutely, I only posted as I was happy to see him drag himself out of the gutter.

Saw him live at the Fringe. Quite fragile but as sharp as ever, he recorded an episode of Richard Herring's podcast and was brilliant. Nice bloke too, chatted for ages outside his venue

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 29th September 2019, 4:43 PM

Saw him live at the Fringe. Quite fragile but as sharp as ever, he recorded an episode of Richard Herring's podcast and was brilliant. Nice bloke too, chatted for ages outside his venue

That's nice to know. :) And I hope he knows he has a lot of fans rooting for him.

It's great that he's back and seems to be in fine fettle. And proof that you can come back no matter what life throws at you.

Quote: chipolata @ 29th September 2019, 6:34 PM

It's great that he's back and seems to be in fine fettle. And proof that you can come back no matter what life throws at you.

Verily, doth Chip speak the gospel truth.

I once heard Tony Slattery tell of the time he was walking along a main road late at night when a few blokes came out of a chip shop on the opposite side of the road.

One of the blokes spotted Tony and shouted derisively, "You're that c*** from the telly!"

Tony shouted back, "You're that c*** from the chippy!"

Angered, the bloke came running across the road to confront Tony but, before he was able to complete the crossing, he was struck by a car and sent flying.

I don't know whether or not the bloke survived but it's a great story. Laughing out loud

He worked great with Josie Lawrence and I liked his toilet humour. He always reminded me of Rik Mayall with his generous use of keywords like poo and bum.