The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 700

Commentator Sam Matterface? Come on. That can't be a real name can it?

WOW!

Saw this on Final Score yesterday tea-time - the proverbial brewery piss-up springs to mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49865806

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th September 2019, 10:12 AM

Saw this on Final Score yesterday tea-time - the proverbial brewery piss-up springs to mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49865806

Bloody ridiculous. That's what happens nowadays with clubs trying to sell as many shirts as possible. They wear their "away kit" when they're away instead of the traditional kit irrespective of the fact that there is no colour clash in the first place.

Interesting bit of football trivia:

On 21st December 1957, Charlton Athletic were at home to Huddersfield Town.

Charlton had played most of the match with ten men and with 30 minutes to go, Huddersfield were leading 5 - 1.

When the final whistle blew, Charlton were ahead 7 - 6 and accordingly won the match.

Was this the greatest comeback in British football history?

Very probably, but for me the 1999 UEFA Champions League Final runs it close.

The ecstatic and almost-incredulous shout of the commentator, ". . . and Solsjaer's won it!" still brings a tear to my eye. Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th September 2019, 10:26 PM

Very probably, but for me the 1999 UEFA Champions League Final runs it close.

The ecstatic and almost-incredulous shout of the commentator, ". . . and Solsjaer's won it!" still brings a tear to my eye. Laughing out loud

We try not to think about that. Jammy bastards!

Just caught it on the news - the Slovakia equaliser against Wales. What a cracking left footed volley! Love to see those sort of goals, that come out of nothing with the man being just in the right place and quick witted enough.

Dor, there's sad isn't it look you.

Normally,y I don't give a damn how England does in a match but tonight I'm delighted they won against the bastarding racists. Actually I don't even know what the competition is.

Quote: Briosaid @ 14th October 2019, 11:51 PM

Normally,y I don't give a damn how England does in a match but tonight I'm delighted they won against the bastarding racists. Actually I don't even know what the competition is.

It's football. Something that the Scotch used to be reasonably good at towards the end of the last century.

Couldn't care less.

I watched the FA Cup draw yesterday on BBC2. Karen Carney is one of my favourite women players so I like her anyway but desn't she scrub up well. (Waits to be reported for sexist remark)

:D Baptism of fire as Sol Campbell's first managerial game at Sarfend sees them thrashed 1 - 7 at home to Doncaster. Had two men sent off as well, just to add to his misery.

Well that's Sutton United's FA Cup run over for another season. After our opponents Goalie scored a last minute equaliser on Saturday we lost 5-2 to Billericay who are in the division below in the replay last night.

After our Manager who had been there 11 years resigned in the summer his replacement seems to be a little out of his depth and we're sliding to the bottom of the league as well.

Up at 3:00 AM to drive 80 miles to Austin to watch a Villa match with a bunch of fans from all over the country. I'll drink until noon, crash at a hotel for 3 or 4 hours, then stumble down the road to watch Wilco play a gig.

https://www.nbcsports.com/PremierLeagueMorningsLive