Upstart Crow - Series 2 & 3 Page 4

If we divide British TV viewers into those who know a bit about Shakespeare and those who don't, I think it's safe to say there are millions of people in each group enjoying Upstart Crow.

Essentially, it's got something for just about everybody.

Not always historically accurate, of course - but then neither is history! Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 30th August 2019, 6:30 PM

Not always historically accurate, of course - but then neither is history! Laughing out loud

So true.

According to Ben Elton on telly this morning, a West End play of Upstart Crow still starring David Mitchell is to run from February 2020.

Yep - 7th February until April. Full story and ticket sales opening at noon!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/live/news/5500/upstart_crow_stage_show/

£85? Yeah, Elton can quietly go and shove it.

Cheapest are £15... But I too have shied away from booking.

Quote: Aaron @ 25th September 2019, 12:08 PM

Cheapest are £15... But I too have shied away from booking.

With something like this, there will be a ton of offers and discounts nearer the time. I usually go to one of those booths in Leicester Square for a half price ticket on the day.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 25th September 2019, 3:48 PM

With something like this, there will be a ton of offers and discounts nearer the time. I usually go to one of those booths in Leicester Square for a half price ticket on the day.

I don't blame you - but it's nice to have a booking for something like this so you can't forget! Normally I'd go to the opening night as well.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 25th September 2019, 8:40 AM

According to Ben Elton on telly this morning, a West End play of Upstart Crow still starring David Mitchell is to run from February 2020.

Is this in place of another series on TV then?

Not necessarily: but it is before.

What watched the "Romeo and Juliet" episode that was repeated tonight (Shakespeare season at the Beeb?) and it was so funny - even my wife was laughing out loud at it, whereas she usually cannot see what I am laughing at with sitcoms, and looks at me like I'm an idiot.

I wish they would make more.

I did as well, although also found Mitchell's bard to be unbearably smug by the end. I think it was Elton's back in form swan song to TV sitcom and the Beeb as he seems to have thrown his lot in with the luvvies of the West End for good now.

Or was he fed up with the grey suits at the Beeb and they constraints put on him