Newsjack Series 21 - September 2019 Page 9

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 24th September 2019, 9:49 AM

The twitter thing I'm not too worried about now - I've got used to hearing stuff that I've thought surely that must've been on
And I've popped in a swear word in a breaking news story.
It's getting my one liners down to a punchy couple of lines this week ( or most weeks, come to that )

Just done my' read aloud' test - ie if I heard this in the show, would it make me laugh ? Hmmm...

Good luck Kenny Bania!

@Thosisd....ah, thanks for putting my limited brainbox at ease. i thought it was a quirky news angle and i understood the joke even if it didn't quite make sense (if that makes sense). Bit discombobulated as to how it could happen as i thought all the jokes were scrutinised to within an inch of their punchline...not that i care much anymore *honest*

Didn't have time to get a sketch done, smashed out 6 one-liners though. A couple of which are ok. A couple really aren't.
Good luck everyone!

I sent out my stuff at about 10am. It already seems very out of date!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 24th September 2019, 11:46 AM

And one for good luck! "He sent out his stuff.... "

Sorry. Technical error. Amended now

Just needs a tune, @Chris Hallam, and you've got a song there!

What a morning I have had. I managed to get a sketch in yesterday (with a massive typo), then spent so long on other things I didn't even sit down to look at oneliners until this morning. And that came after we discovered the freezer had been left open all night and we needed to quickly rescue food and start defrosting the icy tundra, and then my internet access went down, and then hubby needed his CV printed off. Less than 2 hours to think and write, and thank goodness I'm off work... 6 in, some of them do not sound like Newsjack at all. They sound like the wry eyebrow twitchers you see in Private Eye. Doom!

Quote: Wishus @ 24th September 2019, 12:08 PM

Just needs a tune, @Chris Hallam, and you've got a song there!

What a morning I have had. I managed to get a sketch in yesterday (with a massive typo), then spent so long on other things I didn't even sit down to look at oneliners until this morning. And that came after we discovered the freezer had been left open all night and we needed to quickly rescue food and start defrosting the icy tundra, and then my internet access went down, and then hubby needed his CV printed off. Less than 2 hours to think and write, and thank goodness I'm off work... 6 in, some of them do not sound like Newsjack at all. They sound like the wry eyebrow twitchers you see in Private Eye. Doom!

If you get any oneliners in this week, don't forget to leave the freezer open again next Monday evening

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 24th September 2019, 12:33 PM

If you get any oneliners in this week, don't forget to leave the freezer open again next Monday evening

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Is anyone going to the recording tonight?

J x

How many sketches do you think they'll be getting about the BBC Sounds App? I'm pretty tempted to write an angry one myself.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/sep/20/with-the-new-sounds-app-the-bbc-is-ignoring-its-own-audience

Quote: GoWithIt @ 25th September 2019, 1:39 PM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Is anyone going to the recording tonight?

J x

Manchester recording this week. Be interesting to see what impact recording in a comedy club will have. Should be a fun show!

Good luck all.

Any news yet?

Princess Beatrice has got engaged

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 26th September 2019, 6:13 PM

Any news yet?

Got the good email, dead on 6pm :O

Well done