Stath Lets Flats Page 3

I just watched last night's episode couldn't even watch till the end it was absolute rubbish.

This was really talked up in the press a few weeks ago. I loved last week's episode but the 1st and 3rd show , what was on last night were just plain weak. Typecast Charlotte Ritchie playing the posh divvy as bloody usual, summer of comedy you can fart on it. What with Green Wing and Peep Show and many other classic shows Channel 4 have had their golden era last decade and seem to be running on nearly empty now. Oh I might be having a chuckle with Stath next week, but I am not holding my breath now.

Saw the first few minutes of last night's episode and when he got out the car was funny in a slapstick way but then the talking started and I remembered how weak the dialogue is. Natasia Demetriou is funny on panel shows but not in a sitcom.

I seem to be ploughing something of a lonely furrow as far as Stath Lets Flats is concerned: I thought last night's episode was good.

I can understand somebody thinking it's bad, I can understand somebody thinking it's awful, and I can understand somebody thinking it's so awful it's actually good.

I think it's a unique, funny and eminently watchable sitcom with strange but highly empathetic characters and some wonderfully unusual dialogue.

I like it. Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 3rd September 2019, 8:55 PM

I seem to be ploughing something of a lonely furrow as far as Stath Lets Flats is concerned: I thought last night's episode was good.

I can understand somebody thinking it's bad, I can understand somebody thinking it's awful, and I can understand somebody thinking it's so awful it's actually good.

I think it's a unique, funny and eminently watchable sitcom with strange but highly empathetic characters and some wonderfully unusual dialogue.

I like it. Laughing out loud

It's utter kak!

This is is now excruciating to watch!

Last night's episode (S2 E5) was excellent.

Stath Lets Flats continues to be one of the funniest and most original sitcoms I've ever seen.

The dialogue remains both weird and wonderful: I've never heard anything like it before.

Of course, I accept that many people don't feel the same way about this show: perhaps it's all Greek to them? Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 17th September 2019, 8:44 PM

Funniest and most original sitcom I've ever seen.

Really? A low brow sitcom about an estate agent? What other classic British comedy would you rate it higher than to put it in to perspective?

It's badly written and badly executed with weak characters in weak situations with weak gags that are weakly timed. Written for the Instagram generation that spend more time looking at their phone screens to notice how bad it is.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 17th September 2019, 9:15 PM

What other classic British comedy would you rate it higher than to put it in to perspective?

Birds of a Feather?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 17th September 2019, 10:07 PM

Birds of a Feather?

Laughing out loud touché

This, from Jamie and the show's director, made me chuckle.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 17th September 2019, 8:44 PM

Last night's episode (S2 E5) was excellent.

Stath Lets Flats continues to be one of the funniest and most original sitcoms I've ever seen.

The dialogue remains both weird and wonderful: I've never heard anything like it before.

Of course, I accept that many people don't feel the same way about this show: perhaps it's all Greek to them? Laughing out loud

I can't believe you're watching the same programme as I?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 17th September 2019, 9:15 PM

Really? A low brow sitcom about an estate agent? What other classic British comedy would you rate it higher than to put it in to perspective?

It's badly written and badly executed with weak characters in weak situations with weak gags that are weakly timed. Written for the Instagram generation that spend more time looking at their phone screens to notice how bad it is.

In a nutshell!

Incredulously the guardian consider this squit "superb" - the mind boggles!

This beat Fleabag Series 2 at the BAFTAs

And it was the worst thing in the category.