"Written By"

Did anyone else do this postal comedy writing course as I did in the early 1990s?

It was put together by Vince Powell and George Evans, and I thought very good with the two of them being most helpful. Mind you, for various reasons I did little with it after the course finished and certainly didn't get my £175 fee back with commissions. :(

I did one with The Writers Bureau. (I had to learn to spell bureau first) also in the early 90's

They did a money back guarantee if you didn't earn your course fee in paid publications etc.

They have a catch 22 with that. The course doesn't end until you have earned your money back through writing.
For all I know, I'm still on their books.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th September 2019, 11:54 AM

I did one with The Writers Bureau. (I had to learn to spell bureau first) also in the early 90's

They did a money back guarantee if you didn't earn your course fee in paid publications etc.

They have a catch 22 with that. The course doesn't end until you have earned your money back through writing.
For all I know, I'm still on their books.

Well here's an idea for you - write a sitcom about a comedy forum. PLENTY of scope about the nice people and "others", you know - character assassination. Plenty of laughs there. LOOK it's SO easy :- Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th September 2019, 3:15 PM

Well here's an idea for you - write a sitcom about a comedy forum. PLENTY of scope about the nice people and "others", you know - character assassination. Plenty of laughs there. LOOK it's SO easy :- Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Nice people?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2019, 10:37 PM

Nice people?

Yes, me and you for one Chappers my heart. Hug