Talking Pictures TV Page 2

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th July 2019, 9:05 AM

TPTV is only available on Freeview HD

This used to be the case but is no more.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th July 2019, 9:05 AM

therefore it would need it to come through some sort of box rather than directly from the aeriel

Only correct if your box supports HD signals but your TV does not.

OK, and I'm VERY pleased to announce that I can get TPTV on my TV directly off the aerial I had installed about a year ago, and as far as I can remember the TV is at least 5 years old.

This is great news for me (thank everyone for raising the subject!) as I can watch it when the Virgin digi-box is recording three programmes and will not let you watch anything else. Angry

Quote: Aaron @ 9th July 2019, 11:30 AM

This used to be the case but is no more.

Sorry for the duff info then. As usual I am clearly living in the past.

Ladies Who Do with Peggy Mount, Robert Morley, Harry H Corbett, Dandy Nicholls, Miriam Karlin, John Laurie ad many more recognisable faces on at 4.05pm next Friday (20 September). Enjoyable fare.

Yes, I have the DVD. Very good film.

Next Monday (23 September) at 10pm, TPTV are re-showing a film which I thought, on first viewing (and indeed on second viewing), was one of the best of all the suspense/thriller films in their collection. A rather different concept from the usual films in that genre. Its cast includes Conrad Phillips (without his crossbow) and Dandy Nicholls (as a clippie - for those who remember there ever being such a thing). No sign of Sam Kydd though, I'm afraid.

The name of the film, Don't Talk to Strange Men. I highly recommend it - both the film and the advice...

Looks like we've got two different threads about this station (plus the millions of ones about specific films).

OK - see the difference - so....

I've just watched another episode of the 1963 drama "The Human Jungle" featuring Herbert Lom. This one was about a young champion ice skater who had problems in carrying on.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th September 2019, 7:26 PM

The name of the film, Don't Talk to Strange Men. I highly recommend it - both the film and the advice...

Noted, Ta. :) (Haven't seen it)

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2019, 10:41 PM

..............(plus the millions of ones about specific films).

:P

On Thursday February 13th at 6:10 am, TPTV will be screening "Going Gay" (1935).

Should be interesting.

I am just watching "All in Good Fun" (1955) on TPTV.

It's essentially a documentary about the early days of cinema and includes a wide variety of old film clips featuring many now-forgotten artists as well as legendary figures like Charlie Chaplin, the Keystone Cops and Mack Sennett. It's introduced and narrated throughout by Bob Monkhouse.

In 1955, the British Board of Film Censors decided the film was suitable for viewing by people of any age from birth onwards.

However, in this modern day and age, TPTV advise parental guidance and warn of offensive language and scenes which some viewers may find distressing.

How times have changed!

I see TPTV is showing the original Sunday Night at the London Palladium shows on Sundays (when else?) at 9pm.

Tomorrow's is from 1958 and is introduced by Tommy Trinder, starring Sarah Vaughan. The following two weeks are both from 1960 and introduced by Bruce Forsyth. Next week's stars Bobby Darin and the following week's (8 Feb) stars both Adam Faith & Beryl Reid.

They all feature Beat The Clock and the Tiller Girls of course.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th January 2020, 5:55 PM

I see TPTV is showing the original Sunday Night at the London Palladium shows on Sundays (when else?) at 9pm.

Top info, Billy!

I thought Brucey was there from the start.We couldn't get ITV for a while.

Quote: john tregorran @ 26th January 2020, 7:33 AM

I thought Brucey was there from the start.

Not till the fourth series!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/sunday_night_at_the_london_palladium/cast_crew/

Thanks.Dickie Henderson too I see.He was the consummate entertainer but died quite young.Famous for coming on after the Beatles at the Royal Variety.