Murder On The Blackpool Express

Did anyone else catch this on Gold? Great ensemble but, as is always the way, Kevin Eldon stole it, managing to do a lot with the little he was given. Tonally a bit all over the place and petered out I thought.

Was looking forward to seeing this, as the cast was terrific, but found it lifeless and very weak. I gave up halfway through.

Is there a Blackpool Express?

Jeez... I need glasses.. thought the guy with the scarf was Billy Connolly!

The follow up, "death in the Tyne" was crap by comparison and dragged on for an additional half hour!

That always happens when Newcastle go to extra time.

Quote: gb901 @ 16th December 2018, 1:49 PM

The follow up, "death in the Tyne" was crap by comparison and dragged on for an additional half hour!

It took me two attempts to watch the follow up. Maybe I just wasn't feeling it the first time, but when I did sit down and watch it, I quite enjoyed it, though I'd agree it wasn't as good as the Blackpool Express.

Quote: gbcomsrule @ 29th November 2017, 4:47 PM

Was looking forward to seeing this, as the cast was terrific, but found it lifeless and weak. I gave up halfway through.

Yes, it was pretty weak, but much more enjoyable than the follow up which was dire!

I tried to record this yesterday but for some reason nothing happened..

Is it scheduled for another repeat?

Hello everyone.

Gold's Murder On The Blackpool Express is being shown on BCC2 tonight at nine o'clock, quick question how can a show from a satelight channel be repeated on the BBC well really how can a program from one channel being shown on another?

I haven't got Gold in my Virgin package, so am looking forward to this.

Many BBC progs. are on other channels, so I presume it is reciprocated, especially if it is an independent company wanting to make more moolah.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 12th July 2023, 10:29 AM

Hello everyone.

Gold's Murder On The Blackpool Express is being shown on BCC2 tonight at nine o'clock, quick question how can a show from a satelight channel be repeated on the BBC well really how can a program from one channel being shown on another?

Well, it happens all the time of course. But, with the two channels in question, usually in reverse. Gold and the other UKTV channels (Drama, Dave, Yesterday, etc) are owned by BBC Studios.

Didn't The Cockfields start on Gold and was then re-shown on BBC2?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th July 2023, 10:56 AM

Well, it happens all the time of course. But, with the two channels in question, usually in reverse. Gold and the other UKTV channels (Drama, Dave, Yesterday, etc) are owned by BBC Studios.

It's a shame they don't use that like they used to use BBC2 in the old days - as a trial channel.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 12th July 2023, 10:29 AM

Gold's Murder On The Blackpool Express is being shown on BCC2 tonight at nine o'clock, quick question how can a show from a satelight channel be repeated on the BBC

The BBC's commercial arm owns Gold.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th July 2023, 10:56 AM

Yep. Murder will be something like the sixth Dave or Gold series to turn up on the BBC in recent years.

Thank you all for the answers, I thought it was best to ask you chaps as I wasn't sure about how it could be shown on another channel.

I didn't watch this last night but I'm planning to watch it on catch up, I watched this years ago when shown on Gold, but would like a rewatch.