Absent friends Page 177

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th September 2019, 10:17 AM

Thank you Horse, and welcome back to you, and Blue Nun of course.

Yes, Gerry has been in the FFPL for as long as I can remember.

Thank you.

Don't tell him but since my visit there early this year when they clouted the monstrosity Lampard's team then and Fiendly Grealish scored a wonder goal, I have become a member of Aston Villa. Along with Arsenal, York, Millwall, Ipswich, QPR, Exeter, Brentford, Newcastle and sort of Charlton.

I like the way that you can sit in the salt of the earth geezerish section and be welcomed even for your love of the architecture and the sight through the gaps in the stadium of the park.

To be honest, these people sometimes need livening up a bit. It was only when I punched the air, bellowed out in a really convincing Birmingham accent and went totally mental by throwing my entire body forward in a sinewy show of attacking but benign force that most of Villa Park did the same.

It was a very strange day, that, actually. I get overwhelmed by travel - especially delays on crowded trains - and crowds so to address it I decided to teach myself the West Midlands in 18 hours. Once there, I advanced through the bullring through the tunnel and back and jumped on a bus to West Bromwich. It was a very round about route through teenage wastelands but ultimately I ended up in West Brom market talking to elderly locals while pretending to be a journalist.

Then it was onto their metro and Wolverhampton where it took me an age to find the Moulinex stadium. It's very smart for a modern building and it does look like a food mixer. The old gold shirts were in abundance - I quite like Wolves and West Brom - but I knew that I was going to the Villa so had to race back. Busting for a piss, I waited outside one of those European bogs in the town centre for 25 minutes as the woman in front of me banged repeatedly on the door and asked if the girl inside was injecting heroin. In the end I gave up.

Just as I went to get the metro system back, the belt on my shorts broke so for the rest of the day I had the waistband of my pants showing and more. Gangnam-style. Once I would have been concerned. In those hours, I just felt young, gifted and black although as an older not very bright white guy that could have been potentially a problem for shopping mall security .

Finding a toilet in New Street on a Saturday afternoon when half of Brum is there is an absolute nightmare and all of the bright lights nearly brought on one of my contortions. I had to throw myself on to the train to Witton which was heaving and, while I was sober everyone else was as pissed as a parrot, so at least I knew if my shorts fell down there no one would give a toss.

The coppers were very good on that day. I find they are mostly. On my arrival I was amazed to find that there was still time for a pint and headed for the main Villa pub. They asked me if I was a Villa supporter as it was strictly for Villa supporters only. I was honest. I said "I am on this day". They laughed and let me in. I was so, so impressed with the stadium. I love the stadium. I would say it is now one of the best stadiums in this country and I really hope that they won't with success ruin it.

Sadly the Express and Star in West Brom has not accepted my piece although I was prepared to waive any fees. But that's the media for you. Look at Adrian C. But given the wonderful reception I received at the vegetable stalls, I doubt that there are too many pricks at the Hawthorns. Whatever, when you're smiling, the Holte End smiles with you.

Sorry Horse but isn't this off-topic? You're Present now - not Absent.

I think it's a dream sequence Chappers. A thread interlude if you will.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th September 2019, 11:11 PM

Sorry Horse but isn't this off-topic? You're Present now - not Absent.

It depends how you define it Dave.

While I take the point, I'm not sure that I have been present anywhere in the usual sense of that word. :)

RENEGADE CARPARK. is James O'Shea

Patrick O'Shea and Chris O'Shea.

Date set for the Memorial of the Late James O'Shea.
November 23rd 2019
London, England
James O'Shea's family invite you to an evening with Food, Drink, Music, Video, Friends and Shared Memories.
We want to use this event to celebrate James's life and to thank his friends for their condolences.

We will be creating a playlist of songs loved by James or that remind you of James so we need your help for this list.

Also, we will have a projector to screen photos / videos / Facebook Rants!
So please send on links / pics / vids to any that you feel we should include.
Funnier the better! James wouldn't want this to be a sad occasion, he loved to party!

(We will try to also post this out via James O'Shea's Facebook page to reach as many of his friends as possible)

As James would say "Thanks Face-boogers" and we hope to see you on the night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NB
I don't know how to contact Chris or Patrick off-facebook. So I think you will need to go on Facebook and find James' old page.

Bill

I miss that guy mucho!

Quote: billwill @ 22nd October 2019, 2:13 AM

RENEGADE CARPARK. is James O'Shea

Patrick O'Shea and Chris O'Shea.

Date set for the Memorial of the Late James O'Shea.
November 23rd 2019
London, England
James O'Shea's family invite you to an evening with Food, Drink, Music, Video, Friends and Shared Memories.
We want to use this event to celebrate James's life and to thank his friends for their condolences.

We will be creating a playlist of songs loved by James or that remind you of James so we need your help for this list.

Also, we will have a projector to screen photos / videos / Facebook Rants!
So please send on links / pics / vids to any that you feel we should include.
Funnier the better! James wouldn't want this to be a sad occasion, he loved to party!

(We will try to also post this out via James O'Shea's Facebook page to reach as many of his friends as possible)

As James would say "Thanks Face-boogers" and we hope to see you on the night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NB
I don't know how to contact Chris or Patrick off-facebook. So I think you will need to go on Facebook and find James' old page.

Bill

Renegade Carpark.

This memorial event is this coming Saturday 23rd November 2019, I've had a message from Patrick O'Shea on Facebook asking me to tell him the names of anyone here who wants to attend. so you can either PM Patrick O'Shea or Chris O'Shea on FACEBOOK, or PM me here and I will pass it on. The venue will be in the Barbican in the City of London, but I seem to have mislaid the exact place. I will refind it and inform by PM. {I'll not post it in open forum, because past BCS drinkups have been damaged by trolls who read the info on a public post here.}

Where's Grytpype?
I'm missing his talking picture reviews..

Quote: john tregorran @ 30th November 2019, 7:39 AM

Where's Grytpype?
I'm missing his talking picture reviews..

I suspect this post, addressed to him on 19 November, might be responsible for his current absence:

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th November 2019, 2:38 PM

Some people might be interested Herc
If you don't like it then I'm baffled as to why you have so many posts on this thread

Would you mind taking your Trolling elsewhere please it's a bit tiresome

I hope that Herc is made of sterner stuff than that. If I left every time people had a pop at me I'd have disappeared in 2006.

Come back, Herc!

If HGT isn't back in a week i suggest we start posting random pictures of tractors around the forum to lure him back

I miss Gappy and his Skit comp entries

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th November 2019, 8:39 AM

I suspect this post, addressed to him on 19 November, might be responsible for his current absence:

That's a shame.If you can't say anything nice about somebody,don't say anything at all.Excluding politicians of course.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th November 2019, 8:39 AM

The absolute last thing Herc is, is a troll. Come back, Herc. We oldies have to stick together.

Quote: Briosaid @ 30th November 2019, 8:50 PM

The absolute last thing Herc is, is a troll. Come back, Herc. We oldies have to stick together.

A git maybe*, but not a troll.

*only joking, pal. Come back!