Who do you fancy? Page 1,293

She was, yes. https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/wanda_ventham/

While reading about the American frontier I stumbled on Olive Oatman and daym what an attractive woman. I actually like the tattoo as well. I wish there was an audio recording of her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Oatman

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th September 2019, 6:21 PM

While reading about the American frontier this morning I stumbled on Olive Oatman

Kidnapping, murder, slavery, beatings...America-hating foreigners (and Americans) hate it when I remind them that Native Americans weren't a peaceful, meek culture.

Quote: DaButt @ 12th September 2019, 11:11 PM

Native Americans weren't a peaceful, meek culture.

They certainly recognised the dangers of uncontrolled immigration. Laughing out loud

1. Mel C
2. Melanie C
3. Sporty Spice
4. Mel from the Spice Girls (not Mel B)
5. Melanie Chisholm
6. Mel Chisholm
7. The Spice Girl who worked with Bryan Madmams
8. All the Spice Girls except Mel B, Geri, Victoria and Emma
9. Mel 'Sporty' C
10. 'Sporty' Mel C

So if your wife said a spice rack would look good in the kitchen you probably wouldn't be thinking of something to keep your herbs fresh or your spices organised.

Kidnapping, murder, slavery, beatings...America-hating foreigners (and Americans) hate it when I remind them that Native Americans weren't a peaceful, meek culture.

From the tiny amount I've read about it I get the impression they were peeved that settlers were claiming their land and there was nothing they could do about it. Land claimed by Indigenous tribes being invaded and some tribes taking a more direct response. It's a very interesting subject especially because of all the myths created by the film industry. Who would have thought that Billy The Kid was actually a nice guy.

The resting place of Olive Oatman is in Texas so is she well known there, Dabutt? I wonder why only a few photos of her exist and no newspaper cuttings that I can find despite the story of Olive being reunited with her brother Lorenzo at a US army base making national news at the time and both go on to graduate from college. There are a lot of references on Wikipedia but most of them are from within the last decade and none have any newspaper cuttings and they all recite the same descriptions word for word. I wonder why there are no photos or documents from her in later life.

Quote: john tregorran @ 13th September 2019, 11:08 PM

So if your wife said a spice rack would look good in the kitchen you probably wouldn't be thinking of something to keep your herbs fresh or your spices organised.

He'd like to see her on a rack............with him then allowed access all areas.

I would not have sex with Melanie C. I would make love. I would even buy her a kebab first. Romance is not dead.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 14th September 2019, 12:38 PM

I would even buy her a kebab first.

You are truly a born romantic, Michael.

I suspect your real-life name is Michael Montague-Monkhouse.

(Yes, I know: I'm too good for this place) Laughing out loud

Especially because she's a bit richer than me. I'm too generous.

But they were there before you/we sought to "civilise" them.

The Aboriginals were a peaceful meek culture and look where it got them?

Quote: Chappers @ 15th September 2019, 12:31 AM

But they were there before you/we sought to "civilise" them.

Not even close to the truth. Native American tribes were raping, murdering, torturing and stealing long before the Europeans arrived. No different than any other culture, but the modern attempt to say otherwise is just political correctness run wild.

Quote: DaButt @ 15th September 2019, 7:51 PM

Not even close to the truth. Native American tribes were raping, murdering, torturing and stealing long before the Europeans arrived. No different than any other culture, but the modern attempt to say otherwise is just political correctness run wild.

Bloody hell. That's what I was saying. But you obviously don't understand English.

They were there before Europeans. What you do to them is not civilised.