Do we drive the ladies away or... Page 4

Years ago, I went for a lunchtime drink with the Editor, Deputy Editor and one of the contributors of Forum, all women, to a docklands pub, before the area had been gentrified. I was their cartoonist, by the way. Within a few minutes, they were necking pints and talking loudly about the pleasures of bondage and anal intercourse, to the outrage of the regulars - all rough cockney dockers. This drove the women to behave even more badly. I'd never felt so uncomfortable in my life, as the glares were directed at me as well. They were subsequently barred. It was quite an eye-opener! Forum sadly closed some years ago. And yes, those letters were all genuine...

Quote: beaky @ 30th August 2019, 8:49 PM

I was their cartoonist

Drawing cartoons looks dead easy when you watch a cartoonist do it.

The snag is that playing the guitar also looks dead easy - when you watch Mark Knopfler do it.

Having tried both, I am content to leave both fields of endeavour to those who can do it.

I know my place. :(

those letters were all genuine

Now that is a revelation.

I always thought they were written by one or two highly unsavoury blokes at Penthouse who'd been blessed with the imagination of an Edgar Allan Poe! Laughing out loud

Years ago, I went for a lunchtime drink with the Editor, Deputy Editor and one of the contributors of Forum, all women, to a docklands pub, before the area had been gentrified. I was their cartoonist, by the way. Within a few minutes, they were necking pints and talking loudly about the pleasures of bondage and anal intercourse, to the outrage of the regulars - all rough cockney dockers. This drove the women to behave even more badly. I'd never felt so uncomfortable in my life, as the glares were directed at me as well. They were subsequently barred. It was quite an eye-opener! Forum sadly closed some years ago. And yes, those letters were all genuine...

Laughing out loud

Like the great philosopher David Brent once said:

Women who criticise men: Self-empowered, self-aware ideals who dare to express themselves, break centuries of taboos and set an essential example for future generations.
Men who criticise women: C**ts.

I've always found the main difference between men & women is the way each takes jumpers and other tops off. Women cross their arms and pull it up from the bottom of the garment; men tug them off from the top of the back.

The only difference between men and women is hw they react to 'Money For Nothing'. Women, a nod of the head, 'It's not bad.' Men, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QamBtvx7G_k

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th September 2019, 5:08 PM

I've always found the main difference between men & women is the way each takes jumpers and other tops off. Women cross their arms and pull it up from the bottom of the garment; men tug them off from the top of the back.

You're not back on that old lark are yer!? I thought you'd already been cautioned for...............er, um....."frequenting" changing rooms.

I take off a jumper the woman's way as it's easier on the shoulders. Ironically though I tear off a blouse à la Incredible Hulk.

I'm getting mixed signals here. You are not wearing a blouse yourself?

Yes he is, and he looks pretty damn good.

I say, Ding Dong!

Generally speaking women aren't as clubby as men, don't have as many hobbies, don't obsess over their lists of favourite things, except maybe shopping lists, get fed up with fads far quicker and too easily give up if they find a thing too male populated. They'd rather form women only forums where they feel appreciated and understood. Then if you enter them as a male they make you feel excluded.

Far too many general forums turn into squabbles between men and women, proving mixed forums don't really work for women as they tend to be male dominated. I don't believe women are driven away from here, or any themed gender free forums, they flirt with things and rarely stay for as long as men.

I used to have some good banter with Loopey, Blue Nun, Strumpet and more recently Davida (did upset her to start with though with a jibe); but they all have stopped posting.

BUT very recently there was a female who posted and I said some very innocuous remark (as I would have done with my "mates" (Loopey, Blue Nun, Strumpet) and she used the Report button. Mark PMd me on it and when I pointed out the innocence of it and "I question what she is doing on a comedy forum" he pretty much agreed with me. She never posted again.

There's always Briosaid of course but she's a totally different kettle of fish.......................... Whistling nnocently

Hi Brio! :D

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th September 2019, 4:32 AM

Generally speaking women aren't as clubby as men, Then if you enter them as a male they make you feel excluded.

:O

Quote: Chappers @ 7th September 2019, 10:22 AM

:O

I'm guessing that's the face they make when you do that.