Jason Manford

Anyone else see him live? I saw him about two months ago. He was quite good, but the show was very padded out. He actually arrived late from Manchester (this is in Rhyl) and there were far too many jokes concerning urine. The first half was better than the second.

So, has anyone else seen him?

I saw him at the end of last year and thought he was good. It wasn't belly laughs it was more chummy talk with lots of giggles along the way

Saw him in March, thought he was great. Very nice man which came through in his act.

I think comedians such as Jason, Frankie Boyle, Dave Spikey, Michael McIntyre etc etc etc are all the same in terms of the level they are at. They will prob never be better than panel show comedians.

But you have other comedians who could sell out 10,000 + seater venues, people such as Lee Evans, Gervais, Kay, Connolly etc. Unfortunately Jason Manford and co will prob never reach that level.

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ May 6 2009, 10:41 PM BST

Saw him in March, thought he was great. Very nice man which came through in his act.

I think comedians such as Jason, Frankie Boyle, Dave Spikey, Michael McIntyre etc etc etc are all the same in terms of the level they are at. They will prob never be better than panel show comedians.

But you have other comedians who could sell out 10,000 + seater venues, people such as Lee Evans, Gervais, Kay, Connolly etc. Unfortunately Jason Manford and co will prob never reach that level.

Michael McIntyre is doing an arena tour this year.

But could he sell out 10,000+ arenas? Probably not. But Kay, Gervais, Evans, Connolly all could without much problem at all.

Jason Manford is playing doubles tennis with Jonathan Ross, David Baddiel and Victor the Dentist, later today.... and who said there's no point to Twitter....

I think Michael McIntyre will be able to get those numbers, he seems to be making the leap up at the moment.

His performance at the BAFTAs would suggest he's nowhere near the same league as Kay, Gervais, Connolly etc.

Peter Kay isn't funny anymore. Anybody who thinks he is hasn't seen him on his three Paul O'Grady appearences, two Parky's, Jonathan Ross, the Asda advert and Live 8, plus radio interviews. He just doesn't have it anymore.

Quote: Dave @ May 6 2009, 8:03 PM BST

So, has anyone else seen him?

I saw him on The Apprentice: You're Fired! on Wednesday night. A very average "nothing to see here" type of guy.

Clips of his new ITV show. I don't find him funny at all. He's like a bad best man.

Looks like he's been forgiven.

Scarborough, QI and Rob Rinder tonight.