The hardest path Page 3

Quote: chipolata @ 4th September 2019, 9:41 AM

I'm probably alone, but the sex dungeon sitcom sounds quite interesting. Whistling nnocently

Oddly enough, I wrote one on that very theme.

Lazzard I agree about writing for nothing making it hard for other writers but when the head of BBC comedy invites you to Media City and then passes you onto a producer what the f**k can you do other than jump through every hoop they give you?

I spent a year doing 5 episodes I got decent feedback regarding how original and warm it was during the time I approached no one else and despite sometimes waiting 3 -4 weeks for a reply I displayed patience I never knew I had.

I didn't want to do the genre but I did it and t once I did I honestly think I done a really really good job of it and I think the scripts are as good as anything I have ever written.

I know what you mean about putting it in the drawer , but at what point do I say 'This is good, this needs fighting for'?

So I am going to try and push this one and the worst part is that I can only send it to one person at a time and then I have to wait for them to get back to me as I can't have two people looking at the same time.

I am of course writing other stuff in my breaks but its soul destroying at the mo as I now for the first time have doubts that my words will ever be spoken.
What I need is a producer who understands what really goes on in working class houses ? What I don't need is producers who feel the need to send out social message and inclusion in a 30 minute comedy.
I'm not out to change the world I just want to be able to make people laugh and pay my rent as I do.
I will probably be back on the horse properly soon and thanks for your advice as I know its sound.

Beaky was your sex dungeon one a comedy or based on experiences? :P

Quote: beaky @ 5th September 2019, 11:03 AM

Oddly enough, I wrote one on that very theme.

Crowdfund it.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 5th September 2019, 11:08 AM

What I need is a producer who understands what really goes on in working class houses

No, what you need is a producer with an understanding of what the current market is, and who's commissioning what.
And I don't know who the BBC producer is/was, but he was taking the piss.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 5th September 2019, 11:08 AM

Lazzard I agree about writing for nothing making it hard for other writers but when the head of BBC comedy invites you to Media City and then passes you onto a producer what the f**k can you do other than jump through every hoop they give you?

I spent a year doing 5 episodes I got decent feedback regarding how original and warm it was during the time I approached no one else and despite sometimes waiting 3 -4 weeks for a reply I displayed patience I never knew I had.

I didn't want to do the genre but I did it and t once I did I honestly think I done a really really good job of it and I think the scripts are as good as anything I have ever written.

I know what you mean about putting it in the drawer , but at what point do I say 'This is good, this needs fighting for'?

So I am going to try and push this one and the worst part is that I can only send it to one person at a time and then I have to wait for them to get back to me as I can't have two people looking at the same time.

I am of course writing other stuff in my breaks but its soul destroying at the mo as I now for the first time have doubts that my words will ever be spoken.
What I need is a producer who understands what really goes on in working class houses ? What I don't need is producers who feel the need to send out social message and inclusion in a 30 minute comedy.
I'm not out to change the world I just want to be able to make people laugh and pay my rent as I do.
I will probably be back on the horse properly soon and thanks for your advice as I know its sound.

Beaky was your sex dungeon one a comedy or based on experiences? :P

It was based on a cartoon strip I had in the late lamented Forum magazine called Perv's Palace, also on an old friend of mine who told me once that she was sick of teaching, and was seriously considering being a dominatrix. She was tall and statuesque, so would have been ideal, especially in six-inch stilettos.

Did you ask her if she had checked the heels to make sure they were 6 inches? Or weren't you allowed to answer back?

She was standing on me at the time.

By the sound of that it would appear that you're clearly a reliable character in more ways than one :P

To be fair I missed a bit of this thread but back then you said 8-9 and toned the language down. Maybe you should've made it post watershed and littered it with swear words.