Only Connect Page 51

Good final
Glad to get a couple right & and work out the body part anagram quite quick on the first wall, only got halfway on the fruit & veg one in the second

looking forward to seeing a team I know in the next series

may tryto assemble one of my own for the series after that

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th April 2019, 3:03 AM

may tryto assemble one of my own for the series after that

I'm out, of course. Cool

But I wish you well. :)

Just had an email from the OC editor to say they will be looking for R1 & R2 pitches soon for Series 16, so if anyone out there has some cracking Connections or Sequences they'd like to offer up to me, they would be most welcome. Whistling nnocently Have been building up a list over the last few months of course which has been expanded by kind BCGers on here recently, but further connections are always most welcome, and if they are used I will let you know so you can boast to family and friends next year! :D

AND as far as he knows, Series 15 starts on BBC Two at 8pm on Monday 26th August.

Sorry. Please clarify. R1 and R2?

Quote: Chappers @ 30th July 2019, 10:31 PM

Sorry. Please clarify. R1 and R2?

Sorry Chappers.................just technical jargon we question setters tend to use Whistling nnocently

Round 1 is Connections
Round 2 is Sequences
Round 3 is Walls
Round 4 is Missing Owls

:D

Each year it's the same pattern for me/us - R1 & R2 about now, R3 in late Autumn and finally R4 around Christmas time. Then early Spring 2020 they'll let us know what pitches they've taken so you can then send them in on their online "form", then you get paid.

Week later than I was informed - it's on tonight BBC2 8.00.

I can't believe either of the teams didn't get the Sgt. Pepper album cover clue, considering that one of them was into Pink Floyd and presumably would have heard of The Beatles. Cool Whistling nnocently

I got that on the first clue (!!), with the mention of Huntz Hall - a name you are unlikely to forget, especially as he was this young sprog's hero on Saturday Morning Pictures, when I wanted him in our gang.
Also, he was involved in a far more interesting bit of trivia than who wasn't on the album cover......................EVEN WHEN the fourth clue was revealed as "Madam Tussaud's The Beatles next to The Beatles", it was only when the first team had a second stab at it and FINALLY got it right. Dear oh dear.

Huntz Hall was one of the lead characters, along with Leo Gorcey in The Bowery Boys films and were very big film stars at the time (1940s), especially in "Saturday Morning" pictures at your local cinema - so presumably they were, with the young pre Beatles John, Paul, George and Ringo as they wanted to include their photos on the Sgt. Pepper album

Both (Huntz and Leo) were happy with that, and permission was given, BUT Gorcey wanted a c. £300 fee, which was refused and so along Adolf Hitler, Jesus Christ and Gandhi he was not used. Not that they wanted a fee!!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd September 2019, 12:12 PM

I can't believe either of the teams didn't get the Sgt. Pepper album cover clue, considering that one of them was into Pink Floyd and presumably would have heard of The Beatles. Cool Whistling nnocently

They might have had no education?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 3rd September 2019, 6:31 PM

Maybe they didn't think it necessary: maybe all they needed was love?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 3rd September 2019, 6:31 PM

They probably did better on the wall

I know one of the teams in next weeks show
So I shall be cheering for the Lexplorers (a team of former Countdown contestants)

Well that's Stage One just emailed to the editor with my pitches for Series 16 Round 1 (Connections) and Round 2 (Sequences), can't wait to see how many of the 60 odd I have sent that they reject. :(

How many of mine did you send? Rolling eyes

Three - on checking their database {(somebody - not me!!) put EVERY question EVER used on a Excel spreadsheet} to check for duplication and a number of yours were too similar - they are VERY fussy that new questions are COMPLETELY different.

We'll see - so I owe you half a knicker don't I if they use them? That was the agreed rate wasn't it? Cool

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th September 2019, 12:04 PM

Three - on checking their database {(somebody - not me!!) put EVERY question EVER used on a Excel spreadsheet} to check for duplication and a number of yours were too similar - they are VERY fussy that new questions are COMPLETELY different.

Have they had "What are the 39 steps" yet?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th September 2019, 1:09 PM

Have they had "What are the 39 steps" yet?

No :|