John Cleese Page 4

Quote: Tuumble @ December 1 2010, 5:07 PM GMT

I'm afraid to say that whenever Palin does any Pythonesque material on DVD extras or whatever they are usually largely embarrassing. Exit stage left with dignity. Write something by all means but I get more a buzz by unexpected cameos so I can go, "Waheey, it's Cleese!"

Like his Last Of The Summer Wine bit, saw that again the oher day. He wanted to be credited as Kim Bread so noone would know it was him, but the name John Cleese ended up in the opening credits

Quote: don rushmore @ December 6 2010, 12:38 AM GMT

An American with an American accent - shocker.

I thought she was born American, but why did she have a British accent in '70s interviews?

Her British accent might have been acquired, quite naturally, from time spent here, a role - or picked up from Cleese.

But she's definitely American and, to my knowledge, spent the first part of her life there.

He admits here to turning down I'm a Celebrity:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s100/im-a-celebrity-uk/news/a298280/cleese-turned-down-gbp200k-im-a-celeb-deal.html

Quote: Dave @ January 17 2011, 10:46 AM GMT

He admits here to turning down I'm a Celebrity:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s100/im-a-celebrity-uk/news/a298280/cleese-turned-down-gbp200k-im-a-celeb-deal.html

Yeah glad he turned it down. I know he needs the cash but I'd hate to see an actual legend have to eat cock and balls in front of millions of viewers on TV.

Lukewarm reviews. Anybody seen it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13293386

Quote: Dave @ November 30 2010, 12:01 AM BST

What do you think he should do next?

Having achieved all that hes achieved,and bringing laughter to so many, he should do exactly what takes his fancy,but it seems from articles Ive read he's not in a position to do that. At his age,71, Id like to see him on tour because he has the desire to do so, but seems that's not the case unfortunately.

There goes his knighthood, as if he was ever going to get one! Having the balls to say what he said deserves a knighthood (let alone his body of work which dwarfs the achievements of the vast majority of Knights Bachelor). Not with this lot of wankers, being told by expensive PR twats not to be too English anymore because it doesn't go down well with our brainwashed young'ns who've been taught by dickheads that England's a nasty old bully who invented slavery. "Harry, you were very naughty for saying the P word, now go out and marry a N.. to make us popular again."
Rave on John Cleese.

He's just old.
Every great city is multi-national.
F**k off back to your tropical island.
Yesterday's man.

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th May 2019, 10:48 PM

He's just old.
Yesterday's man.

But he's telling the truth.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th May 2019, 10:58 PM

But he's telling the truth.

That defence never saved anybody from a good kicking on BCG! Laughing out loud

What annoys me is that it's going to create even more Monty Python parodies.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 31st May 2019, 10:20 AM

What annoys me is that it's going to create even more Monty Python parodies.

Who needs parodies when a GIF of the goosestep from The Germans will now haunt him forevermore?

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th May 2019, 10:48 PM

He's just old.
Yesterday's man.

:D

Wow what an exciting question. I would like to see him play a dark landlord with a wicked sense of humour in a period film.