Status report Page 6,051

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th August 2019, 12:14 AM

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Yep I'm killing/hoovering up any spider I find now to try and get the population down. The only exception was a house spider I saw in my kitchen on Wednesday. I don't like killing them so I caught it and put it outside with a stern warning to stay away but with no hard feelings and best wishes for the future.

Got my first bite last night on my hand just above the thumb. I didn't feel the bite but started scratching it and noticed the two little fang marks. It throbbed a bit like a wasp sting for about an hour but subsided and the inflammation is only local to the puncture marks. I've read that the false widow venom isn't very potent and it's people scratching it and infection that causes problems so I keep applying Savlon and am keeping it covered with plasters. I turned a bedside cabinet upside down today and sure enough found the culprit in a web.

Well I'm still traumatised after an encounter this morning with the biggest spider I've ever seen in my life, in the bath. Younger son squished it with toilet roll and flushed it down the pan. I'm now frightened to sit on the pan in case it creeps back up and bites my bum.

If the squishing didn't kill it being drowned will have finished it off so your bum is safe. Interesting how spiders can spin silk but can't climb ceramic so are often found in baths and sinks. I don't know why they don't just make a big web up the side to get out.

About two days before it rains here the huntsman spiders come in the house and try to hide behind things.When it stops they go.You can't kill anything as clever as that.

BillWill has repaired his larger fish pond, spent hours filling it up and is now waiting to see if it all leaks away.

All part of flogging his house.

~~~~
and has guessed that sardines from a tin, don't swim very well as they are missing their heads and tails.
Huh?Sick

More than one fish pond, billwill? That's decadence.

Quote: chipolata @ 2nd September 2019, 4:21 PM

More than one fish pond, billwill? That's decadence.

They were here when I bought the place 45 years ago. :$ There was a sort of cascade of bowls going into the small pond & an overflow from that which pours into the larger pond. Small one is only about a metre across, larger one about 2.3 metres by 1.5,

So they ain't like big country-estate lakes.
Angelic

~~~~~~

Incidentally when I arose to go relieve myself at 6am today, looking out of my back window I could see three fox-cubs playing around on my lawn and pond area, and one of the pesky critters had pulled out an Iris plant that I had moved yesterday to a big tub, ready to part submerge in the repaired pond.

Aw Heck... it's leaking quite badly.IllSick

Quote: billwill @ 2nd September 2019, 5:16 PM

when I arose to go relieve myself at 6am today,

Quote: billwill @ 2nd September 2019, 7:33 PM

Aw Heck... it's leaking quite badly.IllSick

That's what happens as you get older I'm afraid.

I've just started a massive argument on my local football team's forum. I made a comment, somebody said I was incorrect and then I corrected her without reading all of the intermediate posts. It caused all sorts of friction on both sides as somebody stuck up for me. Bloody internet forums are a pain in the arse.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2019, 10:52 PM

I've just started a massive argument on my local football team's forum. I made a comment, somebody said I was incorrect and then I corrected her without reading all of the intermediate posts. It caused all sorts of friction on both sides as somebody stuck up for me. Bloody internet forums are a pain in the arse.

I can't believe you posted that....................it's as though you have totally agreed with what I have pointing out to you about your speed reading of posts.
You're you own worst enemy, and I rest my case.

It's more fun like that though!

Naughty boy.

Here's one for you Herc. Off to see Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band tomorrow. Yes that's Geno from the Dexy's song supported by Wilko, Focus and Curved Air.

Oh I know Geno, in fact very well in the early 60s when he was an airman at USAF Bentwaters where I worked at the time. Absolute nutter, but lovely with it. We had some great laughs together.
I doubt he'll remember me (I worked at Alexandre's on the base), but if you do speak to him ask him about that period around 1963. :D