In The Loop Page 6

Quote: swerytd @ March 8 2010, 9:50 AM GMT

I quite liked Steve Coogan's character. The wall thing was obviously essential to (part of) the plot but it painted a nice picture of the scale of what Simon had to deal with.

Tom Hollander is an actor of great genius. No-one does understated as well.

Dan

Yes, Hollander's excellent. Although I don't think he's yet done his defining role. Pity Freezing didn't seem to progress beyond more than a few episodes. And I hope we get more Thick Of It, just so we see more of his bastard Tory character.

He was *awesome* in Freezing. Gutted there wasn't more of that.

Dan

I'm still holding hope for a DVD release or talk of a second series. Superb performer.

I love this film, I was worried the American actors wouldn't fit into the style but they did very well. Malcolm Tucker is fast becoming one of my favourite sitcom creations ever. I love the way they display everyone's anxiety in a non-farcical way - but still very funny.

If you want this and have (or don't mind installing) scummy iTunes on your pc, selling your soul forever, you can download it TODAY ONLY (Sunday 6th) at www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/unforeseeable

(I don't know about any other restrictions as already have it and don't have, nor wish to have, iTunes installed)

Dan

Thanks mate! But it didn't work for me!

I've seen this film before but it's all a bit confusing at times. Still good to see Tony Soprano! Haha.

Just watched it - and am sitting in awe. Terrifically funny, with an unruly pace. Yes, it goes beyond total, realistic insight, but by starting there and throwing in elements of ugly exaggeration, it made it all the more bitingly satirical. There is a point when you stop crying for the stupidity of these people and have to laugh.

I watched this for the third time over the weekend and I only just realised that Chris Addison plays a different character to his role in The Thick Of It.

Seems like a weird decision. Anyone know why it was made?

Chris Addison said he played a different character because the one he played in the Thick of it wouldn't have transferred to the dept./role required for In the Loop so he played a different character to fit the job.

Watched it again t'other night. It's still outstanding.

Wait, James Gandolfini's in this?! lolwut

Quote: chipolata @ 8th March 2010, 10:22 AM

Pity Freezing didn't seem to progress beyond more than a few episodes.

I have no recollection whatsoever of Freezing (and I refuse to Google it because it's more fun not knowing)

Quote: VauBAN @ 3rd September 2019, 8:56 PM

Wait, James Gandolfini's in this?! lolwut

He was very good in it.