What are you watching on TV? Page 2,159

Quote: Chappers @ 1st September 2019, 9:31 PM

I knew you were a Witch. Did you know Macbeth?

There is certainly a Macbeth connection.

The shop at which Brio bought her crystal ball is right next door to the Bank o' Scotland.

Macbeth! Bank o' Scotland! Do you get it? Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
. .

I'll get ma kilt. :(

Quote: Chappers @ 1st September 2019, 9:31 PM

I knew you were a Witch. Did you know Macbeth?

Argh! Don't say that name. Do you mean The Scottish Person?

I'm watching one of those "when things go wrong for celebs" countdown Sunday night fodder shows and it just mentioned the time Esther Rantzen was arrested and amazingly convicted of a criminal offence while interviewing members of the public. A PC took exception to her told her she was creating an obstruction and told her to move on. She moved to another area with plenty of space and he approached her again and arrested her. She was convicted and it makes me wonder if it was a miscarriage of justice. Incredible how she could be convicted even with clear video evidence but maybe back then the law was you do what a copper says and you do it fast.

Esther looks like a bit of a goer back then. Phoar!

That'll Be The Day, very different film to American Graffiti, both about early rock n roll culture and released the same year. Both brilliant, TBTD is far grittier and shows rock stars can act a bit too, natural performers. Keith Moon stole it with a barely two minute cameo and a drum solo to knock your hat off. Wasn't he good. :) Such a character, I'll always remember an SNL sketch he did with Steve Martin I think it was where he was in the background casually throwing a TV out of the window, like he did. Laughing out loud

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 1st September 2019, 11:05 PM

Esther looks like a bit of a goer back then. Phoar!

Ummm I see, someone nailing their colours to the mast re the more mature lady. ;)

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 1st September 2019, 11:05 PM

I'm watching one of those "when things go wrong for celebs" countdown Sunday night fodder shows and it just mentioned the time Esther Rantzen was arrested and amazingly convicted of a criminal offence while interviewing members of the public. A PC took exception to her told her she was creating an obstruction and told her to move on. She moved to another area with plenty of space and he approached her again and arrested her. She was convicted and it makes me wonder if it was a miscarriage of justice. Incredible how she could be convicted even with clear video evidence but maybe back then the law was you do what a copper says and you do it fast.

"Obstruction of the Highway" is a very useful tool in a policeman's armoury against any pedestrian or motorist that he wants to be somewhere other than where they are.

Essentially, if you're standing still or you've parked your car on a public highway, no matter how much space there is around you the fact that another person or motorist cannot pass over the space you're occupying makes you guilty of obstruction.

Ridiculous? Of course, it is!

It's a very easy charge for a policeman to bring against you and it's almost impossible for you to defend yourself against it.

The answer? Whether you're on foot or in your car - keep moving! Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st September 2019, 11:45 PM

Ummm I see, someone nailing their colours to the mast re the more mature lady. ;)

She wasn't mature in 1981. She looked like a youthful, festival going hippy.

But yes mature is fine as well. Not fussed really.

'Why are our politicians so crap?' Jeremy Paxman is my hero - he doesn't mince his words.

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd September 2019, 9:37 PM

'Why are our politicians so crap?' Jeremy Paxman is my hero - he doesn't mince his words.

Paxo for PM, I say!

You know it makes sense.

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd September 2019, 9:37 PM

I'm not watching it but presumably he means on all sides.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2019, 9:57 PM

I'm not watching it but presumably he means on all sides.

Yes. None of them were let off the hook.

I'm watching the last part of the Handmaid's Tale. Reminds me of the Sound of Music.

Watching the new season of Peaky Blinders. This show was supposed to called ''5 Seasons of Reasons for not to Live in Birmingham''.

Saw the last half of Celebrity Master Chef.

Who knew Razor Ruddock would make such a creative chef when he was such a destructive footballer?

I don't know about his football career but remember him on Can't Pay We'll Take It Away. I just read this and....what a bellend:

https://www.realitybite.com/articles/neil-razor-ruddock-opens-up-about-wifes-can-t-pay-we-ll-take-it-away-soaking-shes-devastated