Things that piss you off Page 1,768

Quote: Chappers @ 1st September 2019, 9:43 PM

About old films you mean? Oh no sorry. I think I know what you mean.

Naughty Chappers, and yes I thought you would. ;)

My trousers and jeans! The waists keep shrinking.Puzzling and very annoying.

Are your tape-measures shrinking too?

It's caused by the expansion of the universe.

Slow walkers..

Quote: Ben Clark @ 3rd September 2019, 1:01 PM

Slow walkers..

Just kick their walking sticjs away and walk on by. Laughing out loud

Quote: john tregorran @ 3rd September 2019, 6:12 AM

My trousers and jeans! The waists keep shrinking.Puzzling and very annoying.

Yes. Just like my shirts.

Trousers, boxer shorts and Y-fronts. What a load of pants.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 5th September 2019, 5:55 PM

Trousers, boxer shorts and Y-fronts. What a load of pants.

Why do people stand there in a queue for self service checkouts in a supermarket even though there are clearly terminals available for them to use. They need to wait for a member of staff to show them like they're being seated at a restaurant. Be proactive.

Maybe they crave human contact. There are worse crimes.

Quote: chipolata @ 5th September 2019, 7:53 PM

Maybe they crave human contact. There are worse crimes.

If they crave human contact why would they choose the self service tills? Some of them have no concept of words like "hello" and "thanks" so it's definitely not because they want chit chat. It's because they don't realise there is a till free or they are daydreaming. It also pisses me off when the scanner I'm using is dirty so it's more difficult to scan the barcode. It even has a flashing light that looks like window wipers when the glass is dirty but it seems to be getting more frequent.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 5th September 2019, 6:05 PM

[

Why do people stand there in a queue for self service checkouts in a supermarket even though there are clearly terminals available for them to use. They need to wait for a member of staff to show them like they're being seated at a restaurant. Be proactive.

I refuse to do self-service. People will be put out of work. I always cock it up if I have to use it and need help.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 5th September 2019, 8:15 PM

If they crave human contact why would they choose the self service tills? Some of them have no concept of words like "hello" and "thanks" so it's definitely not because they want chit chat. It's because they don't realise there is a till free or they are daydreaming. It also pisses me off when the scanner I'm using is dirty so it's more difficult to scan the barcode. It even has a flashing light that looks like window wipers when the glass is dirty but it seems to be getting more frequent.

Scanners may be dirty so go to a personned check out.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th September 2019, 10:57 PM

I refuse to do self-service. People will be put out of work. .

Ditto.

It depends if I'm doing a basket or trolly shop because a trolly shop is always a normal checkout but if it's a basket which is 99% of the time then I'll give preference to the self service checkouts. Not because I'm anti social but because it's a lot faster. Or at least it should be. I'm opportunistic though and even with a basket will scout out all the manned checkouts to see if that would be quicker. I enjoy the interaction of speaking to people and both of us ending the conversation with a smile. As the saying goes it's nice to be nice but I like to be in and out.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th September 2019, 10:57 PM

Scanners may be dirty so go to a personned check out.

It's not a case of the scanners may be dirty because as I point out, twice, the scanners are dirty. I take exception to your skip reading and am going to have a massive wobbly as a result. Not sure what a wobbly is but I'm having one and a massive one to boot.

I always opt for self service checkouts so that I can check the prices being charged as I scan the items and, if different from the advertised price or if they haven't allowed for a multi deal (as often happens), I can query it there and then. On the tills the prices are often hidden from view as they are put through and, if I do spot that there's been an error, I've either got to go over to customer services or hold up everyone in the queue behind me while the till operator calls someone over.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th September 2019, 10:44 AM

I always opt for self service checkouts so that I can check the prices being charged as I scan the items and, if different from the advertised price or if they haven't allowed for a multi deal (as often happens), I can query it there and then. On the tills the prices are often hidden from view as they are put through and, if I do spot that there's been an error, I've either got to go over to customer services or hold up everyone in the queue behind me while the till operator calls someone over.

That happened to me yesterday at self service. Something that was on offer at £6 scanned at the full price of £9 so I had to ask a member of staff to cancle it but like you say if I had to go to customer service to do that and there was a queue I could have been waiting longer than the time it took to do the shopping.