I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,083

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th August 2019, 11:29 PM

Teachers

Soft target, everyone hates teachers.

You'll be trying us next you hate dentists.

:P

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 31st August 2019, 7:24 AM

You'll be telling us next you hate dentists.

When assessing the merits of any unpopular group in our society, I think it's always wise to ask ourselves where society would be without such people.

There are certain groups whose disappearance would be of huge benefit to society: terrorists, serial killers and doorstep salesmen spring readily to mind.

On the other hand, there are several unpopular groups whose disappearance would constitute a tragic loss to society - and one of those groups is "dentists".

Indeed, there have been times when I would happily have paid a dentist more for a few minutes of his time (or indeed hers) than I would have paid Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice-Davies for a full week! Laughing out loud

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 30th August 2019, 6:58 AM

I see the unelected Dominic Cummings is now throwing people out of the Reich Chancellery if he suspects their loyalty to the new regime.
Who knows within a year or so some of us on here may have to answer a knock on the door in the early hours and explain our stance on Brexit to men in overcoats with tasers.
lf they come for me I hope they don't find my pot tin as well or I'll be in the Gulag twice as long as the rest of you.
Then again as an Everton fan I am used to be held hostage in football stadiumsRolling eyes

Sounds just like Corbin's Momentum.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st August 2019, 9:15 PM

Sounds just like Corbin's Momentum.

Oh no it doesn't. I'm expecting the knock on the door because of some of my Facebook posts. Bastards!

Quote: Briosaid @ 31st August 2019, 9:26 PM

Oh no it doesn't. I'm expecting the knock on the door because of some of my Facebook posts. Bastards!

It does. they've purged all the moderates in the party making the Labour party truly scary.

I have little time for Corbyn or his Lennist ideals. However in fairness this example included the use of 'Stadia' and the last person to use stadiums to kill thousands was Pinochet. And after it was confirmed that he had overseen the deaths of thousands of his own citizens he became firm friends with Margaret Thatcher and addressed the Conservative party.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 31st August 2019, 9:29 PM

I have little time for Corbyn or his Lennist ideals. However in fairness this example included the use of 'Stadia' and the last person to use stadiums to kill thousands was Pinochet. And after it was confirmed that he had overseen the deaths of thousands of his own citizens he became firm friends with Margaret Thatcher and addressed the Conservative party.

Bloody Thatcher! Says it all. If she had a grave I would find it and shit on it. She was an inhumane turd.

And yet another shooting in the US. When will they ever learn?

Quote: Briosaid @ 1st September 2019, 12:02 AM

And yet another shooting in the US. When will they ever learn?

According to reports, five people have been killed and at least 20 (including three police officers) have been injured by "one or possibly two" shooters in Texas tonight and about a dozen were shot by a single teenaged shooter in Alabama on Friday. :(

The Alabama shooter is under arrest.

One shooter in the Texas incident has been shot dead (either by police or by his own hand).

Thick nutters who can't give up the gun. It's like they still live in the past when the cowboys shot at every shadow. Thank God I don't live there and It's the last place I'd visit (apart from Chad naybe)

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st August 2019, 12:31 PM

On the other hand, there are several unpopular groups whose disappearance would constitute a tragic loss to society - and one of those groups is "dentists".

And teachers too? And maybe even (shock) liberals?

I thought we had a separate thread for discussions on US gun crimes. https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34123/

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st September 2019, 10:19 AM

I thought we had a separate thread for discussions on US gun crimes. https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34123/

Apparently we do - although I've never encountered it before seeing your link.

I've just had a look and it appears to be a thoroughly entertaining read.

Lots of astute and intelligent comments - and lots of valuable information.

Cheers, Billy!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st September 2019, 8:14 AM

And teachers too? And maybe even (shock) liberals?

Definitely teachers, a much maligned group. Except for home economics teachers who're a complete waste of space and never teach anybody anything.

Oh, God! What are the chances of Civil war, or will that only be in poor Northern Ireland?