Warren Page 10

Here's an interview from six months ago, before the show aired, in which Martin Clunes talks about Warren.

Quote: Jimmy Donny Cosgrove @ 30th August 2019, 9:56 AM

Total cost me £300 (hire car, travel for actors and mics). You've got a smart phone? Film it on that. Superb quality some of these phones

Maybe you could use a co-writer to help you with your future projects.

Angelic

Quote: Jimmy Donny Cosgrove @ 30th August 2019, 9:56 AM

Total cost me £300 (hire car, travel for actors and mics). You've got a smart phone? Film it on that. Superb quality some of these phones

Unfortunately my smart phone is smarter than me!

I have to say Jimmy that I preferred your YouTube video to the actual sitcom.
Very good!
Hopefully now you're 'in' you'll go from strength to strength.

All the best.

Binge watched the DVD of this again today.

Whilst it wasn't fantastic I still enjoyed it, I don't think it deserved all the negativity it received. There was some really funny scenes and of course some wonderful acting from Martin Clunes.

Such a shame BBC One decided not to commission a second series, I think the characters could have developed more.

Quote: G180e @ 29th March 2020, 9:19 PM

Binge watched the DVD of this again today.

Whilst it wasn't fantastic I still enjoyed it, I don't think it deserved all the negativity it received. There was some really funny scenes and of course some wonderful acting from Martin Clunes.

Such a shame BBC One decided not to commission a second series, I think the characters could have developed more.

I saw how harsh I was on it so I rewatched the first two episodes and I was wrong.

I wasn't harsh enough. Warren as a character is an entirely loathsome, irredeemable, insufferable arse. Good riddance.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 29th March 2020, 9:41 PM

I wasn't harsh enough. Warren as a character is an entirely loathsome, irredeemable, insufferable arse. .

Which was entirely the point. I really did love it and I'm sorry that there wasn't a second series.

One rather gets impression that the titular character was meant to be a modern-day Victor meldrew, however, rather than being a misanthrope, Warren came across as nasty, unpleasant and sociopathic - not exactly redeeming features!

Warren as a sitcom was brilliant in my opinion. It was funny and definitely could have deserved a second series

Quote: Bob Barnes @ 2nd April 2022, 11:27 AM

Warren as a sitcom was brilliant in my opinion. It was funny and definitely could have deserved a second series

Agreed. You don't have t like the main character. What about Alan Partridge?

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd April 2022, 6:52 PM

Agreed. You don't have t like the main character. What about Alan Partridge?

Haven't really dabbled with Alan Partridge, but it just infuriates me when Sitcoms are either cancelled or change the type of humour that comes out the characters.

An example of this is (Sliced) a comedy series on Dave, which ran for an initial 3 episodes in 2019.

It was brilliant and funnily rude. But then come the full series last year, it was no longer funny or rude as such. And was boring.