I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,082

Quote: chipolata @ 29th August 2019, 9:51 PM

Great tweet today from Hugh Grant about Boris Johnson: "F**k off you over promoted rubber bath toy.". Well said, Hugh.

That's very astute and well argued. Straight out of the Briosaid school of debating.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th August 2019, 10:02 PM

That's vey astute and well argued. .

I think you mean very.

He was probably vey, vey drunk.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th August 2019, 10:14 PM

He was probably vey, vey drunk.

:D

Quote: chipolata @ 29th August 2019, 9:51 PM

Great tweet today from Hugh Grant about Boris Johnson: "F**k off you over promoted rubber bath toy.". Well said, Hugh.

If that was "great" then Piers Morgan's response to Grant was utterly stupendous:

"Oh shut up you virtue-signalling little twat."

Quote: DaButt @ 29th August 2019, 10:26 PM

If that was "great" then Piers Morgan's response to Grant was utterly stupendous:

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th August 2019, 10:02 PM

That's very astute and well argued. Straight out of the Briosaid school of debating.

I don't debate my ?friend? Waste of time - you never change the enemy's mind. I just speak my own mind.

If someone designed an emoticon to express that sentiment, it would get a lot of use on a lot of Internet forums. Laughing out loud

It's sad that so many people are picking on Boris Johnson. Long may it continue.

It's not bad by any means, but it's very predictable and lazy. Calling a liberal a virtue-signaller is a bog standard criticism that means nothing. Why Grant's tweet is probably better is that although it starts fairly crudely, it ends with the phrase "over-promoted rubber bath toy", which is a wonderfully colourful image and goes to the essence of Boris Johnson. It's the sort of insult you'd get on The Thick Of It or Veep.

I see the unelected Dominic Cummings is now throwing people out of the Reich Chancellery if he suspects their loyalty to the new regime.
Who knows within a year or so some of us on here may have to answer a knock on the door in the early hours and explain our stance on Brexit to men in overcoats with tasers.
lf they come for me I hope they don't find my pot tin as well or I'll be in the Gulag twice as long as the rest of you.
Then again as an Everton fan I am used to be held hostage in football stadiumsRolling eyes

She was caught photoing documents. The remainers have had their spies out for months stealing information about the Leavers' plans. They leaked the proguing plan which Boris was hoping to use without anyone knowing like a V1 doodlebug.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th August 2019, 9:09 AM

She was caught photoing documents. The remainers have had their spies out for months stealing information about the Leavers' plans. They leaked the proguing plan which Boris was hoping to use without anyone knowing like a V1 doodlebug.

Are Remainers now on your list of undesirables that need to be purged from this country along with foreigners, women, homosexuals and BBC comedy producers?

Yes, and you forgot liberals, Channel 4 watchers, teachers and greens. Although they're probably all the same people.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th August 2019, 11:29 PM

Yes, and you forgot liberals, Channel 4 watchers, teachers and greens. Although they're probably all the same people.

Is there anybody you actually approve of (apart from Nazis and Fascists)?