TPTV Films Page 4

I missed the first hour of "A Very Important Person" so didn't bother although it looked good from the cast.

Do they repeat them often? Is there an advance guide?

I see that Gideon's Way is on at 9 too.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th August 2019, 8:37 PM

Do they repeat them often? Is there an advance guide?

Yes . . . and yes!

https://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/schedule/

"Naked Fury" (1959)

Renamed "The Pleasure Lovers" - WHY?!?! By the Yanks (Grrr Angry ), as that title bears absolutely no relationship to the film and starring Reed De Rouen (yes, that's what I thought - Who?).

The only person of any note was Kenneth Cope as a nasty villain, and apart from one who was arrested, it was certainly a different way to kill the rest of them off.

"Impulse" (1954)

Same title in America (hooray!); but a stupid story imo.

"IMDb storyline :-

An American realtor living in England is dissatisfied with what he believes to be his humdrum life. One weekend while his wife is out of town, he gives a ride to a woman he sees stranded on the road. One thing leads to another, and he soon finds himself enmeshed in a plot involving a diamond robbery, gangsters and murder."

OK, he was seemingly stuck in a dead end job with a token wife, but any sane person wouldn't have let it get out of hand as he did, for e.g. just handing over his car keys to a young women in a weird sense of duty so she could help sort out her supposed "brother" who was in some sort of bother.

I actually muttered "Why doesn't he give her the deeds to his house as well" Nah, too far-fetched.
Lead actor Arthur Kennedy I vaguely recognised, and did these English ones in uncredited parts :-

Michael Balfour, Kenneth Cope (again), and the ubiquitous Sam Kydd (of course!)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th August 2019, 11:28 PM

OK, he was seemingly stuck in a dead end job with a token wife, but any sane person wouldn't have let it get out of hand as he did, for e.g. just handing over his car keys to a young women in a weird sense of duty so she could help sort out her supposed "brother" who was in some sort of bother.

I actually muttered "Why doesn't he give her the deeds to his house as well" Nah, too far-fetched.

I don't know. Have you not read of these people who meet someone on an internet dating site (never actually meeting in person) and proceed to lend them their life savings?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th August 2019, 8:34 AM

I don't know. Have you not read of these people who meet someone on an internet dating site (never actually meeting in person) and proceed to lend them their life savings?

Maybe now, if you are an idiot, but not 65 years ago, shirley.

What's a realtor? A realist?

You couldn't be further from the truth Chappers its an estate agent.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th August 2019, 9:24 PM

What's a realtor? A realist?

No, it's a term used in the TV/film drama industry.

Characters in a scripted drama are called actors - because they are acting.

However, it is not unusual to see a person appearing "as himself" in such a drama. Such a person is not acting and is therefore not called an actor: he is known as a realtor because he's being real.

Famous realtors from years gone by are Prince Charles in Coronation Street and, on separate occasions, Ken Dodd and Bob Monkhouse in Crossroads.

I thank you.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 29th August 2019, 9:39 PM

You couldn't be further from the truth Chappers its an estate agent.

Really????

They are in America and certain parts of Lima (The west side mostly)

I was saw Sam Kidd confess on behalf of his son in Z cars , he was a legend.

Realtor:

In law, there are two types of property: real and personal.

I once took a young lady solicitor out to dinner and afterwards when I tried to get personal she told me to get real.

Story of my life. :(

No. I did know but it just f**king annoys me using American words like that.

I think the character was American if its the George Kennedy of Cool Hand Look fame we're talking about .

Quote: Chappers @ 29th August 2019, 10:06 PM

No. I did know but it just f**king annoys me using American words like that.

It wasn't me. IF you had read the post correctly, you would have noticed that I was copy/paste quoting from the IMDb, which despite being founded by two Englishmen, has been taken over by the Yanks.

I totally agree, I hate to see American words/phrases creeping in on this forum; BUT I wish you would read posts properly and not just scan them and then give a knee jerk reaction! [/i] It is very annoying!!