What are you listening to now? Page 1,331

Simon and Garfunkel, 'Wednesday Morning, 3 a.m..' It is shit.

Radio "FIP Rock",

there is an app and Internet radio: http://www.fipradio.fr/player No interruptions for ads or news, good content and sound quality (190kbps). App or Internet radios are usually 30-90kbps, FIP is an exception, on satellite (astra 19e) radio "FIP" (main stream, not "FIP Rock") is 256kbps.

Manic street preachers - the girl who wanted to be God

Manics are great.

Back to basics. (The Aussie Sham 69?) Like the guitar solo.

The Chats - Identity Theft

They're great. They played here in my city a few weeks ago, but I had to work that night. :(

Quote: DaButt @ 27th August 2019, 3:43 PM

They're great. They played here in my city a few weeks ago, but I had to work that night. :(

I imagine they'd be a lot of fun live, but knowing you, I'm sure you'll catch up with them somewhere or other. :D

Picked up new albums recently by Thom Yorke, Edwyn Collins, Richard Hawley, and Cate Le Bon. All are very good, and the Thom Yorke one is particularly strong (if you like his more electronic stuff).

I'm listening to some "Fog Horn" Williams at the moment.

Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis
Very relaxing.

In the wake of the absolutely ridiculous of banning by Gold Radio of Blue Mink's "Melting Pot", I'm now listening to Lou Reed's immortal "Walk on the Wild Side".

The lyrics address matters such as prostitution, homosexuality, oral sex, crossdressing and transgender but what got it banned from several radio stations was none of the above: it was the use of the adjective "coloured" to describe the non-Caucasian girls who went "doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo" etc etc.

And of course "coloured" seemed to be the chosen description of "people of colour*" at the time.

* Completely ungrammatical.

farewell summer

going back in time
ten years after

One for DaButt and possibly a few others-

Squid - The Cleaner (unofficial video)

The quirky dancer has her own channel. :D

Quote: George Kaplan @ 10th September 2019, 9:04 PM

One for DaButt and possibly a few others-

Squid - The Cleaner (unofficial video)

The quirky dancer has her own channel. :D

Love this and can empathise because I have worked with cleaners and have worked as a cleaner. If you want to know the lowdown on everything you need to get in with the cleaners. They hear everything and they know everyone.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 10th September 2019, 9:24 PM

Love this and can empathise because I have worked with cleaners and have worked as a cleaner. If you want to know the lowdown on everything you need to get in with the cleaners. They hear everything and they know everyone.

Cool! :D