What are you watching on TV? Page 2,157

Here's Shazia:

Seinfeld (it's replaced Heartbeat) :(
The one where his new girl friend thinks she catches him picking his nose.
Perhaps it's my mood but I don't find it as hilarious as I thought it was.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

A Tim Burton film which is almost a young X-Men.

I'm embracing modern Britain and watching Rise of the Footsoldier 3. It's got a Happy Monday in, although I think he just died.

Saw an old episode of Celeb Who Wants To Be a Millionaire on Challenge with Johnny Vaughan and Denise van Outen and it was so obvious they were both coked up.

I was watching Peaky Blinders the other day and he was tossing a King George V penny. The only trouble was that the penny looked about 90 years old.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th August 2019, 9:19 PM

I was watching Peaky Blinders the other day and he was tossing a King George V penny. The only trouble was that the penny looked about 90 years old.

I see your point - but you try finding one that looks recent! Laughing out loud

The.Boys.2019.S01.
Very entertaining, I couldn't stop watching. By Eric Kripke (Supernatural).

Fascinating documentary on ITV about RAF pilots training for the F-35 Lightning II. It looks like a computer game but without the notable benefit of being able to reload and try again if you smash in to the ground. The helmets have to be specially made for each pilot so they fit perfectly as many commands are issued by the pilots eye movements.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 28th August 2019, 7:23 PM

Fascinating documentary on ITV about RAF pilots training for the F-35 Lightning II. It looks like a computer game but without the notable benefit of being able to reload and try again if you smash in to the ground. The helmets have to be specially made for each pilot so they fit perfectly as many commands are issued by the pilots eye movements.

It is actually a series about four "raw" recruits to see if they can make it as a "Top Gun" and fly the F-35, plus looking a the pilots that did qualify and their training in America.

Those helmets cost £250,000 each......................... :S

Cheers Herc, that's a more descriptive description :D 250k for a helmet and they are made for the recruits before solo flight tests so potentially the recruits could fail. Wonder what happens to the helmets if that happens! The technology is like something out of Star Trek with the pilot becoming part of the aircraft.

I've been watching Repair Shop - a breath of fresh air after all the horrible news, and very addictive.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 28th August 2019, 11:24 PM

Wonder what happens to the helmets if that happens! The technology is like something out of Star Trek with the pilot becoming part of the aircraft.

I think I've seen Luke Skywalker wearing one, and you're right - the pilot becoming part of the whole shebang. Fascinating.

Each year we seem to see more and more sci-fi equipment becoming a reality.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th August 2019, 11:37 PM

I think I've seen Luke Skywalker wearing one, and you're right - the pilot becoming part of the whole shebang. Fascinating.

Each year we seem to see more and more sci-fi equipment becoming a reality.

That's Star Wars Herc, not Star Trek.

What amazes me about Star Trek is that they're on a 5 year mission so what happens if someone gets sacked three weeks out? Do they still get paid and spend their day in Ten Forward getting drunk and porking off duty rocket women in short skirts or do they have to stay in their room with Klingon on the door?