American remake that went badly wrong. Page 3

Show where Angelina's ex sits in an oven. Baking Brad.

Quote: DaButt @ 11th August 2019, 10:58 PM

I've never experienced a show that was essentially perfect every episode. That's no mean feat considering there were 62 episodes.

I agree it was brilliant and one of the best shows ever, there were a few episodes that felt like padding. Like the one with the fly, which I understand was a made on the cheap specifically so that money could go to more expensive episodes. Not a bad episode by any means, but not entirely necessary.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th August 2019, 8:39 AM

I have to agree. I thought The Sopranos would never be beaten but Breaking Bad probably tops it.
The perfect story arc with superb cliff-hangers to every episode.
And the baddies just getting badder and badder.

The final episode of series 5 (faceoff) being the best episode of any series I have ever seen.

I'd kind of put Sopranos and Breaking Bad on a par with each other. Both brilliant in different ways.

Could I convince you that Bread was transferred to New York and called Bagel?

Quote: chipolata @ 12th August 2019, 11:05 AM

I'd kind of put Sopranos and Breaking Bad on a par with each other. Both brilliant in different ways.

So would I because I've never seen either.

Well don't ever watch any of the first few episodes then. The hook is too strong to resist after that.

I think most comedy aficionados are familiar with the excellent Steptoe and Son and the successful American version, Sanford and Son.

What isn't so well known is that there was an American remake starring two white actors.

Only the pilot episode was ever produced but it was never screened.

It became available on DVD last year.

Quote: chipolata @ 12th August 2019, 11:05 AM

I agree it was brilliant ...

What else is good in American drama series except those two? I'd like to know, maybe I've missed something?

Let it not be a recommendation, you don't know what others usually watch, but what is good in dramas (2-3) in Your opinion? Thanks a lot for your answer beforehand, you know it could make my month.

Better Call Saul.
A prequel to Breaking Bad.
The writers realised there was a lot more mileage in Jimmy McGill, a small time lawyer turning into a drug barons lawyer.

Quote: rrr 969 @ 16th August 2019, 4:14 PM

What else is good in American drama series except those two? I'd like to know, maybe I've missed something?

Let it not be a recommendation, you don't know what others usually watch, but what is good in dramas (2-3) in Your opinion? Thanks a lot for your answer beforehand, you know it could make my month.

well, two of my personal favourite American shows of recent years are The Americans, a thriller about two Russian sleeper agents in Washington in the eighties, and Banshee, and pulp masterpiece filled with sex and violence.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, the release date for the upcoming Netflix movie has been revealed:

But apart from Jessie, everyone's dead?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th August 2019, 5:15 PM

But apart from Jessie, everyone's dead?

Bryan Cranston (Walter White) has been quoted as saying, "Did anyone see a coroner's report?"

Hehe. I saw someone with 10 bullets in them and last stage lung cancer...he coulda survived.

Old Vince is certainly milking that Breaking Bad cow. At the moment that's a good thing, I just hope they don't exploit it too much.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th August 2019, 6:01 PM

Hehe. I saw someone with 10 bullets in them and last stage lung cancer...he coulda survived.

I think he was only shot once or twice. The cancer would get him in the end, but there's a chance that he survived. We don't know how far in the future the movie is set. There's a chance that Walter may only live for a few minutes or days, but it would still give him an opportunity to appear in the movie.

Quote: chipolata @ 26th August 2019, 4:40 PM

Old Vince is certainly milking that Breaking Bad cow. At the moment that's a good thing, I just hope they don't exploit it too much.

I trust his judgement. This should finish off BB, but there's still Saul and the opportunity for other prequels.