The Dump pilot

Hello all comedy lovers,
I have been working on my sitcom The Dump for over a year. I would like your feedback on my 10min pilot. I shot it in half a day and as my budget disappeared I edited myself (I am no editor) anyway take a look and be gentle :-) https://vimeo.com/351450103 Password - Highvis
Also if you do like what you see how about a little support on twitter @DumpSitcom or fb below. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2043498079103915/ Looking forward to hearing from you
Rob:D

When assessing the prospects of would-be TV writers, performers and productions, the fundamental and I believe the most useful question isn't whether or not they are any good: it's whether or not there are "worse" examples currently enjoying success on TV.

In the case of Rob, his cast and his 10-minute pilot, I think most critics will be able to bring to mind much worse writers, much worse performers and much worse productions that have (dis)graced our TV screens in recent times.

On that basis, if British TV were anything resembling a meritocracy, The Dump and its writer and performers would be put on TV in the place of people and productions less worthy of success in the business.

The snag, of course, is that British TV has never been a 100% meritocratic industry and today it's less meritocratic than it's ever been.

And it's getting worse.

On a more positive note, if we leave relativity aside and ask whether or not The Dump is any good in its own right, my answer would be "Yes".

It's funny. Laughing out loud

Hats off for getting the pilot up and running, looked pretty professional and gets the idea accross, I thought it had a lot of good moments and there was plenty of room for the different characters to interact as a series - Snooty guy, trippy guy, sexist guy etc. Perhaps I'm being a prude, but my main criticism would be to tone down some of the language/conepts (slut, ham sandwich analogy etc) as I reckon it'd relegate it to an after 9pm adult audience when the concept could easily survive without it. That's my 10p for what it's worth - good luck with it!

Hello, thank you so much for your feedback, since this post I have been invited to the BBC to discuss possible development. They have said evrything you guys have said "tone it down" "rain it in" so I am rewriting now.
Fingers crossed and thanks again for your thoughts.
Rob

Congrats geez, good luck!