I've been expecting you, Ms Fleabag. Page 2

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th June 2019, 6:23 PM

That didn't stop them making Ghosts did it. :)
I

See post below

See post above

Dame Emma Thompson spoke out about this recently - A lack of respect for writers from Hollywood, asking them to finish a script asap or lose the contract.

Hollywood has always lacked respect for writers. Also, do we know for sure they don:t have a completed script? Or is this just conjecture on Rood Eye's part?

It's in the papers so it must be true.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th June 2019, 10:01 PM

It's in the papers so it must be true.

Yeah, I've just read some. Although it does say they're doing a lot of rewriting, which doesn't necessarily mean the script isn't finished, just that they're doing a lot of faffing with it.

And I refer you to my earlier post when I said they should have gone with Danny Boyle's original vision to kill Bond. It's time to put a bullet in his head and bury the franchise.

Quote: chipolata @ 8th June 2019, 10:23 AM

Yeah, I've just read some. Although it does say they're doing a lot of rewriting, which doesn't necessarily mean the script isn't finished, just that they're doing a lot of faffing with it.

And I refer you to my earlier post when I said they should have gone with Danny Boyle's original vision to kill Bond. It's time to put a bullet in his head and bury the franchise.

I think we can safely say that if a script is being rewritten - especially when it's being rewritten to the extent that the writers are "doing a lot of faffing" with it - it's a long way from being finished.

Unluckily, however, the situation appears to be much worse than that. There are several reports that if you ask anybody connected with the production about the script, the reply is invariably "What script?"

Also, in a recent survey among people who own a goose that lays golden eggs, 100% of such owners described putting a bullet through the head of such a goose as "a bad idea".

I rest my case.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th June 2019, 12:56 PM

Also, in a recent survey among people who own a goose that lays golden eggs, 100% of such owners described putting a bullet through the head of such a goose as "a bad idea".

That's the difference between me and most people. They're happy flogging the tired old goose to death, whereas I'm keen on developing an exciting fresh new goose.

Quote: chipolata @ 8th June 2019, 1:42 PM

That's the difference between me and most people. They're happy flogging the tired old goose to death, whereas I'm keen on developing an exciting fresh new goose.

Some people may be tired of it, but when the last film makes over triple it's budget (it's budget being 245 million to begin with!) they will keep on making them.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 8th June 2019, 8:58 PM

Some people may be tired of it, but when the last film makes over triple it's budget (it's budget being 245 million to begin with!) they will keep on making them.

Thanks for explaining the economics which amazingly I do understand. I still say kill it. Then reboot it in thirteen years time.

Phoebe takes a day off from script-writing to enjoy the tennis at Wimbledon.

Don't you just "love" the Jimmy Choo slingbacks?

According to reports, Phoebe Waller-Bridge's long-awaited script for Bond 25 introduces a black woman as the new 007.

It appears James Bond still exists in traditional male form (and is played by Daniel Craig) but he has parted company with MI6 and his long-standing position as 007 has been taken over by a black woman played by actress Lashana Lynch.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th July 2019, 2:25 PM

Nice slit up the front too.

Ooh err missus!

The new Bond movie, co-written by the fabulous Phoebe, has finally got a title: "No Time to Die".

A newspaper this morning pointed out that this is the fourth Bond film with death in the title, the others being "Live And Let Die" (1973), "Tomorrow Never Dies" (1997) and "Die Another Day" (2002).

In a BCG exclusive, I myself can reveal that it's the second Bond film with "no" in the title, the previous one being "Dr No" (1962).

Laughing out loud

It's a terrible title, like some generic John Grisham novel from the nineties. Spectre may have been instantly forgetable but at least the title was halfway decent.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th July 2019, 2:25 PM

You recognise them as Jimmy Choo's? You must be an aficianado.