What are you listening to now? Page 1,330

Quote: DaButt @ 18th August 2019, 7:47 PM

Listening to Warren Zevon in my neighbor's pool. It's 100F/38C and I'm enjoying my first beer in 5 days. I started working on the night shift Wednesday and I've had 3 hours of sleep. Kind of delirious.

This was on the juke box in my local at one time.When it was played everyone in the pub joined in,

What's your job ? night shift is not good for you.

Hi George, how are you? Wave

Quote: john tregorran @ 20th August 2019, 6:15 AM

I love Gene Clark.

Yes,apparently his shows were either brilliant or rubbish.A real genius.

Quote: george roper @ 20th August 2019, 6:51 PM

I really love that recording.

Suffering from insomnia at the moment so I'm trying to distract myself with music.
Not a big fan of hip hop but I've bought some cds lately by N.W.A, Ice Cube and Cypress Hill...found them in a bargain bin. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying Ice Cube. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M2JuxPXD4FQ

Quote: Chappers @ 20th August 2019, 11:08 PM

I really love that recording.

Yes, like that too. I have a compilation, too many songs sound same. I prefer the spin off band Cactus.
But yes, this is a classic.

What a way to start the day! Laughing out loud

What do you call a cross between The Clash and One Direction? Green Day.

A bit late in the day, just discovered Grant Lee Buffalo.

Anyone else into them? Thoughts?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st August 2019, 10:01 AM

Was he really PC Penrose? I thought he was in the sitcom Rosie!

And The Growing Pains Of PC Penrose

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st August 2019, 10:01 AM

Probably my favourite scene in One Foot In The Grave:
The neighbours have a party, Victor's trying to sleep. This song is on, everytime we hear the chorus "hahahaha" Victor almost freaks out.
:D

Quote: George Kaplan @ 21st August 2019, 5:34 PM

A bit late in the day, just discovered Grant Lee Buffalo.

Anyone else into them? Thoughts?

I only know one of theirs ,it was very popular in the 90's sometime.I liked it but never bothered to investigate further.Thanks for reminding me.

Quote: john tregorran @ 22nd August 2019, 9:37 PM

I only know one of theirs ,it was very popular in the 90's sometime.I liked it but never bothered to investigate further.Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks for the reply and the track. Looks like it was their last single before they split up. (Grant-Lee Phillips still operates as a solo artist though.) Picked up their debut (on cd) from Oxfam today for £1.99. Looking forward to hearing more of their stuff. Also discovered that they feature on the soundtracks for Velvet Goldmine and Trigger Happy TV (Series 2).

Here's their debut which is pretty impressive.

Yes.You've got a real bargain there.:)