Kathy Burke

Well I've searched to find a thread about her but apparently there isn't one!

She really should have one because she is naturally funny and she's made such a contribution to comedy over the years.

Anyway - I've been watching Kathy Burke's All Woman. It's not a comedy programme as such but I just laugh at her down to earth language and comments.

"What's wrong wiv an 'airy fanny?"

Quote: Chappers @ 18th August 2019, 9:55 PM

she is naturally funny

Yes, she'd be an absolute hoot to go out for a pint with.

I saw Episode 1 of All Woman and she was great.

As well as being naturally funny, she's a natural host for a TV show like All Woman because the men and women she interviews seem to accept her straight away and talk to her in a very open and unguarded manner - in much the same way as people do with Louis Theroux.

Being (or, at least, appearing to be) unthreatening is a massive advantage for any interviewer.

She has a funny bone and my earliest memory of her is in the Comic Strip's Fun Seekers which was set at a hotel in Ibiza I stayed at during a family holiday in the 90s. I walked on those same stepping stones in the pool but I was a bit too young to be thinking about any rumpo. I was more interested in wrist bands and lilos.

In a lunchtime drama group at middle school myself and a few mates created a family called The Slobs that improvised around being really messy and irresponsible. It was always popular with the rest of the group and months later after we left middle school in late 1989 Harry Enfield would start and the iconic Wayne And Waynetta with Kathy was born in 1990. I'm sure we used those characters as inspiration so maybe they were showcased in earlier work perhaps on Saturday Night Live.

I loved her in Gimme Gimme Gimme.

if you meet her, I imagine you know where you stand with her.
Loved her in gimme and as the boy Perry.

I can't see her taking any shit!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th August 2019, 7:28 PM

if you meet her, I imagine you know where you stand with her.
Loved her in gimme and as the boy Perry.

And the baby, and of course Waynetta - which didn't seem to take much acting.