Things that piss you off Page 1,764

Typical tight Yorkshire bastards having Christmas every 8.2 years :)

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd July 2019, 10:58 PM

Given the title, it's entirely reasonable for someone to sing that song on any (or indeed every) day of the year, isn't it?

I wanted the DJ at my 60th birthday party on 25th June 2016 to play it (being exactly halfway between) but he refused!

Incidentally in spite of the fact that there are 3 threads on this subject (my birthday) nobody mentioned it this year. (Not that I'm upset or anything!)

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd July 2019, 11:26 PM

Somebody should have shot the swine. But zooo won't agree.

He is a true musical genius!

The way I STILL get confused with George Clooney. It was fun at first, but now I just want to lead a normal life, and my wife thinks I do it on purpose to attract other women.

Here we see Mr Monkhouse having just parked his car like a proper Roman.

Can't say i can see the Clooney resemblance?

Jesus. He thinks he's God's gift to mankind.

I get modes of transport confused, but that's plane sailing.

What's going on with his trousers? There seems to be sort of 'upward tenting' ...

JG Ballard would approve.

Quote: Text Lexus @ 13th August 2019, 9:49 PM

JG Ballard would approve.

Christ, you're certainly giving your audience some credit with that one! Laughing out loud

Oh, I dunno :-)

Let's go for Daniel Miller then; that's a bit more of a pop culture reference.

Y-fronts, boxers and jeans. What a load of pants.

Maybe not so much piss me off as WHY?!?

Chap at the Post Office where I post my eBay stuff once a week was telling me about a man who was posting a parcel Special Delivery because it was a manual on a Lotus car he found in his attic and he was gobsmacked when it finally sold for £3,000.

Now instantly I knew this was a load of bollocks and to be absolutely sure I did check the sold listings for any type of Lotus book/manual/instructions and the most expensive I found was for about £200 + for a workshop manual on an early Lotus racing car.

Why do people have to spout such crap when it is clearly obvious, they are lying.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th August 2019, 12:13 AM

Maybe not so much piss me off as WHY?!?

Chap at the Post Office where I post my eBay stuff once a week was telling me about a man who was posting a parcel Special Delivery because it was a manual on a Lotus car he found in his attic and he was gobsmacked when it finally sold for £3,000.

Now instantly I knew this was a load of bollocks and to be absolutely sure I did check the sold listings for any type of Lotus book/manual/instructions and the most expensive I found was for about £200 + for a workshop manual on an early Lotus racing car.

Why do people have to spout such crap when it is clearly obvious, they are lying.

The poor chap just wanted to impress you!

OR

He's easily befuddled and got confused about the details.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th August 2019, 6:43 AM

OR

He's easily befuddled and got confused about the details.

I say, give him a break.

Yeah. He also said he had a 12" (flaccid) willy.

I say, give him a break.

And I say what a sad git.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th August 2019, 12:13 AM

Because their leaders do ? We've had the Bronze Age, Golden Age and now the Bullshit Age.

It's now condescending and sexist to open or hold doors open for women.
The women that say this say it's intimidating and passive aggressive implying they are weak and incapable of doing it themselves.
Cor blimey.