Channel 4 - Spark

Took a meeting today at C4 and a new format was mentioned - currently called C4 Spark - which seems to be an even shorter format than "Blaps". Two or three minutes by the sound of things. Not yet launched but might be worth thinking about.

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th August 2019, 5:42 PM

an even shorter format than "Blaps". Two or three minutes by the sound of things.

On the face of it, it sounds like a great idea: two minutes is more than enough time to decide whether a comedian is actually funny or not.

How do you apply to Spark, or this an opportunity yet to be announced?

Nice day job Kadijha - i think you might be quite popular around here!

Quote: Kadijha Kamara @ 9th August 2019, 10:07 PM

How do you apply to Spark, or this an opportunity yet to be announced?

Yet to be announced.
Probably be similar to how you apply to the 'Comedy Blaps' scheme.

And, yes, film funding you say......
Anyone we know?

Nice one, speaking of Comedy Blaps when I googled this, the first entry that came up was a PDF advertising opportunities to submit to them but I'm not sure if it's old, new or ongoing because there was no date on it.

And unfortunately I don't help with funding films directly, only film/tv courses, driving lessons for the industry, equipment etc. so not so popular after all hehe

Quote: Kadijha Kamara @ 10th August 2019, 11:40 PM

speaking of Comedy Blaps when I googled this, the first entry that came up was a PDF advertising opportunities to submit to them but I'm not sure if it's old, new or ongoing because there was no date on it.

I think that PDF is from 2017 and they were looking for submissions in early 2018.

Keep your eye open for "Spark" news - you might be just what they're looking for!

I have to be funny for two minutes? That's eight more than usual.

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th August 2019, 5:42 PM

Took a meeting today at C4 and a new format was mentioned - currently called C4 Spark - which seems to be an even shorter format than "Blaps". Two or three minutes by the sound of things. Not yet launched but might be worth thinking about.

Sorry to break it to you, but the deadline for production companies to submit ideas to the first round of Sparks was back in April. More details here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/pro/inside_track/channel_4_launches_sparks/

Maybe it's ongoing - perhaps a new round will be announced?
Who knows.
He was certainly talking about it in the present tense.