BCG Fantasy Premier League 2019/20 Page 3

Ok, now i am in both the BCG CLIQUE and the BCG Clique leagues. Are both staying? Is one the official league?

I notice some members have also signed up for the much bigger British Comedy Guide league, Which looks like some kind of United Nations league?

And (final question) can we not see each others squads? I am interested to see how similar they might be?

Quote: playfull @ 8th August 2019, 12:04 AM

Ok, now i am in both the BCG CLIQUE and the BCG Clique leagues. Are both staying? Is one the official league?

I notice some members have also signed up for the much bigger British Comedy Guide league, Which looks like some kind of United Nations league?

And (final question) can we not see each others squads? I am interested to see how similar they might be?

OK, three quite valid things. :)

1 The only reason there are now two BCG Clique leagues is because Dan ALWAYS set this up and let us know about 2 weeks before the FPL starts, BUT this year for some reason (!?) he didn't and so Alf decided to start one, AND THEN found by chance (you haven't nodded off have you? ;) ) that Dan had done it late and not told anyone!!!!!
So, basically we now have two identical leagues - Clique (the old one) and CLIQUE (the new one) and you only have to worry about one as your team changes will be in both automatically.

2. We don't sign up for the BCG league, that is an "automatic" one that you will notice the world and it's mother all belong to and if you want to check it out and see where you are in the 2 million players, feel free. Again you don't have to do anything with it.

3. Yes, but you will at 7.00pm tomorrow when it all kicks off (Cool), and it is the same each week in that you will not be able to see what each manager has done to "improve" his team until the kick off/deadline. Can't have you nicking tactics! :D

Thanks for the detailed and comprehensive reply. I am now ready to kick some Clique (or CLIQUE) ass.

I have renamed myself 'Coach' playfull in solidarity with Pochettino.

Now that playfull is also in it is going to be very exciting.

On another matter, has anyone got the league code for the Cauliflower Growers Association by any chance?

It seems more likely than ever getting the one for Talkshite Extra Time.

I blame Mike Parry.

Thanks for your PMs - I will sort out the additional codes before the big kick off.

One question - can you change your captain & vice-captain at will on a match-to-match basis or are they, once selected, set for the season?

How has this happened?

I've never played before and yet I have points from a previous season...
Or when I tried last year, did I actually get in but didn't know it.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th August 2019, 8:21 AM

One question - can you change your captain & vice-captain at will on a match-to-match basis or are they, once selected, set for the season?

Yes, and No. Just click on the player and select for that week.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th August 2019, 8:52 AM

Or when I tried last year, did I actually get in but didn't know it.

Yes, clearly you were in and didn't pursue it. :D

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th August 2019, 8:52 AM

How has this happened?

I've never played before and yet I have points from a previous season...

So it will be interesting to see if this seasons hands on approach points total, can beat last years hands off points total.

The 'hands off' or 'look bored and disinterested' approach was of course famously used last season by Mourinho at ManU.

F**kin' 'ell, Herc. You have powers - and I am generally a flippin' 'eck man. I did a late post on York and Ipswich sites as a reminder. York is asleep. But have you seen the new numbers on the Ipswich league? They are immense and It must be because they recognised your name. This time, I'm totally won over to the Tractor Twats. I just liked them before. I can feel the lurve - and Sir Bobby Robson who I admired hugely (note I am for Toon too) is holding a party tonight up in the skies.

Remarkable and wonderful and sad, this link, and I admit as a Gooner, I did do the "Arsene who?" thing in what was then the Finsbury Park Tavern and insisted it should have been Bobby before I got my head kicked in. Not least on the grounds that he came from just up the road from the god that is Paddy McAloon. Anyhow, I ended up loving Arsene. I put it down to never seeing any arousal in an arse. I'm a man of letters and a true intellectual in that sense but you know that anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLQ5Nii0DEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEJdfDD4dVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jbdjD6a-xw

While my North East "home" town is Tynemouth, I'm in awe of Langley Park and Witton Gilbert.

(It's all getting tight time wise isn't it, I'm thinking of a last minute Grimsby. It's brilliantly unfashionable. I do have the code. And I like the way that their hooligan element after getting pissed have big fights by the sea with the weapons of rubber fish. I'm sorry I can't be in work. I got a bloody lip from an unreal haddock. You'll have to trawler without me.').

Felicitations, and congrats to whoever won last year

The Marie Celesters are here!
To help fill the empty ship
Squad picked, team talk done

Lets get ready to crumble

Not used to giving team talks, so went with - you'r on your own lads. If you need me i'll be in the bar...

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th August 2019, 6:07 PM

Felicitations, and congrats to whoever won last year

That was Don again but he hasn't bothered to turn up this year. Helps you lot at the top all the time, but a new winner would be nice for a change. Four much needed new faces may shake it up a bit, can only hope. A new recruitment drive was needed, so Dan's tardiness was a blessing. Was hoping for more from my invites but can't moan, we've increased the Clique league by 33% and that's a success by anyone's standard.

Although one of the four newbies has played for the last couple of seasons, Dan put him in the wrong team Laughing out loud

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th August 2019, 8:21 AM

You can change them week by week.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th August 2019, 7:21 PM

That was Don again

Don.... Don hmmm you'll have to remind me
Was he the one who used to swear a lot and drive a Taxi?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th August 2019, 8:01 PM

Don.... Don hmmm you'll have to remind me
Was he the one who used to swear a lot and drive a Taxi?

The one with the smug avatar.

On a lighter note...............
Well that's a f**king good start with Mané only playing for 16 minutes - his first name being Sadio.