BCG Fantasy Premier League 2019/20 Page 2

I have joined Herc - 'The Tricky Reds'. But yes please pm me the how to do it info.

Quote: playfull @ 5th August 2019, 11:19 AM

I have joined Herc - 'The Tricky Reds'. But yes please pm me the how to do it info.

Naughty person winding me up over Tricky Reds - PM gone. :)

Quote: playfull @ 5th August 2019, 10:52 AM

Looks a bit daunting - it's a bit more complicated than i expected.

Thanks for the PM invitation. I agree it does indeed look rather complicated and, more importantly, heavy maintenance with its 15 man squad, Bench Boost, Triple Captain, Free Hit & Wildcard chips.

I already have long-term involvement in a League on the Telegraph site and I have found in the past that trying to manage two different teams ends up diluting the effort put into both teams, resulting in doing neither team justice. So I must decline I'm afraid.

Oh................... :( Just have the same team in both leagues. :) Would be good to have a Fat Owl team or the Yaroohs :D

WTF? Dan has just renewed the old league minus one or two, without telling anyone, at least not here. That makes ours a bit redundant. Herc can you PM Dan to ask him to PM his code to the Goodlad and Playful to get them in? And if we get anymore by the end of the week joining our one give it them as well. No point in having two weak leagues is there. Gordon Bennett's thinking about it and I think Michael Monkhouse is interested, not heard back from others yet.

ARSE! Have just PM'd Dan...................

Oh aye... it's a plot in't it.
Rule 1: No Northerners.

Just needs a bit of promoting to get a couple more players in -

It's not at all complicated to play, it's the best and most played FF game with millions playing and it's the Official game run by the PL with a very well designed website. And it's Free! And it looks like Don isn't playing this time so it'll be a bit easier to win. The BCG League is your league, join up and keep it going. Three more days to join up, roll up roll up. Thank you and may my tea...er may the best team win.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th August 2019, 8:34 AM

No. More Northerners are needed as it's a Football game. Herc is getting the old code off Dan, then we'll give it to those who've joined the new one to swap over, easy. Already that makes ten players, not bad but more welcome. It was at its best when about 15 were in it.

Sorry. Haven't had chance to do anything till this week and didn't realise football wad starting again do soon. Blame new baby.

Just renewed everything.

Official league code is 8adyd0.

Head to head code is q4f3t7.

For the clique code, PM me as per tradition. Or Herc, who has it too, so he can be an official admin now.

Dan

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th August 2019, 8:34 AM

Also league admin is a northerner, so rule 1 is much more likely to go the other way.

As I was saying to Herc in our private correspondences, I have now officially gone mad.

So I start this season as a formal member of Arsenal. York, Millwall, Aston Villa, Ipswich, Newcastle, Exeter, QPR, Brentford and even sort of Charlton. This means that I have a lot of tiny 20p notebooks which comes as a part of the package in which to make all my fantasy football assessments . Well, no. In most cases, the notebooks are the package. All of these people are very hard up. It's all they can afford.

I will win this year as I have called in spiritual forces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSzTPGlNa5U

God save the Queen for stopping swans from being eaten.

Also, if anyone happens to know this year's code for the Talksport Extra Time team, please let me know.

Thank you.

Herc - I know you are down as Chelsea but that is only because poor old Ipswich are in the "third" division. They are one of my clubs too.

So I have been setting up some leagues for supporters of the teams I like and sticking the codes on their fan forums. You might like to join my Ipswich league to help me get it up and running. The code is j7k4wi and I have only just put it on to the forum for Ipswich fans so it is early days.

York - traqi0 - has amazingly already had one signing up to it within the first hour. Exeter is yeq36r but I haven't got into their forum yet to post it. Anyone on this forum with an interest in any of these teams is welcome to join my leagues.

I can also provide codes for quite established fans' leagues - those organised by other people - for Toon and Villa if anyone would like them.

All of this is a bit of side interest. I regard the BCG leagues as the bread and the butter, the gas and the gaiter, the fire and the fury and best of all the tits and the titter.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 6th August 2019, 5:51 PM

Herc - I know you are down as Chelsea but that is only because poor old Ipswich are in the "third" division. They are one of my clubs too.

So I have been setting up some leagues for supporters of the teams I like and sticking the codes on their fan forums. You might like to join my Ipswich league to help me get it up and running. The code is j7k4wi and I have only just put it on to the forum for Ipswich fans so it is early days.

I'm in :D, and I only picked Chelsea 'cos they won't let you go any further unless you pick a team in the Prem. So it was anyone except Liverpool for me.

Steve's keen :D ;)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th August 2019, 2:18 PM

I already have long-term involvement in a League on the Telegraph site and I have found in the past that trying to manage two different teams ends up diluting the effort put into both teams, resulting in doing neither team justice. So I must decline I'm afraid.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th August 2019, 2:46 PM

Oh................... :( Just have the same team in both leagues. :) Would be good to have a Fat Owl team or the Yaroohs :D

Nobody's ever wanted me before... Hug So I've signed up. Just be aware that, if I don't win it, it is because I haven't been able to give it my full attention - not because of any lack of expertise.

Great news about Billy Bunter.

Herc - thanks and it isn't just you and me. There's a few from Ipswich who have now signed up,

People might also like to sign up to Footballers With Tits. I don't know anything about it. I just happened to stumble upon it on Reddit when reviewing the new season's kits and typing a t instead of a k by mistake.

The person who runs it is called antbonc and writes: "Hi all, I am the person behind www.footballerswithtits.com - I create crudely drawn illustrations of footballers but with tits. I have set up a fantasy league to celebrate our launch and will be giving away a free Footballers with Tits mug to the top scorer each week! But you must join before Week 1".

Code - r1b4r1.