The general pop/rock - music thread Page 189

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd July 2019, 5:49 PM

The Manfred Mann's Earth Band concert on sunday was quite good. But their "support act" Glenn Hughes was even better. This man's in his late 60s but still has a hell of a voice!

He was only the bassist with Deep Purple wasn't he?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd July 2019, 10:54 PM

He was only the bassist with Deep Purple wasn't he?

...and some Manfred Mann pics:

8 interesting facts about The Baby Spice
1. The Baby Spice is not actually a baby. To qualify as 'baby' one must be aged up to 14 months, which would render one ineligible for work in many countries. The term is, then, merely a jovial reference to Emma's girlish appearance, though it may also indicate her vocal range.
2. Emma substituted a girl called Michelle. Michelle just wasn't fitting into Spice. I mean, she was a great singer, great dancer, great songwriter. This is why she wasn't fitting into Spice.
3. This means that Emma was the last to join the group. She became known as Baby and I could argue she was the Baby, as she was the last to join the group. Or I could shut the f**k up.
4. Emma is my favorite Spice Girl of all time, after Mel C, Mel B, Geri and sometimes Victoria.
5. If you put all Emma's solo singles in a line, it would be long.
6. Emma has a favourite city, colour and household pet, just like the rest of us.
7. There are two Bs in Baby, one B in Bunton, and no Bs in Emma, but two Ms. Two Ms are my initials, unless you include my middle name Paul, which starts with P, like Posh. What can it all mean? F**k all.
8. That is the end of my 8 interesting facts about The Baby Spice. I hope you have enjoyed them.

MM - a MMine of Informmation................. Sleepy

Stop was the first single by the Spice Girls not to reach Number One. The song STOP STOPped at Number two, STOPping their run of Number Ones.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 5th August 2019, 9:31 AM

Stop was the first single by the Spice Girls not to reach Number One. The song STOP STOPped at Number two, STOPping their run of Number Ones.

STOP! That's just too much information - now my brain hurts.

I use that fact to break the ice at parties. I don't get invited to partes very often.

Little wonder.

In the last Spice concert, Melanie C started crying. Clearly she just heard I got engaged. I'm sorry Melanie, but I waited 23 years for you to be brave enough to ask me out. I know you're busy, but I have needs too.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 11th August 2019, 10:19 AM

In the last Spice concert, Melanie C started crying. Clearly she just heard I got engaged. I'm sorry Melanie, but I waited 23 years for you to be brave enough to ask me out. I know you're busy, but I have needs too.

How fickle can you get. If you truly loved her you would have waited forever!

She used to have a Youtube broadcast, 'Ask Melanie'. I wrote in, 'Will you marry me?' I thight she might answer after the 320864376539th time. She must be really busy.

My favourite celebrity is Madonna. False tits, false hips, false mitts, false lips, mimes 'live', fake thighs, fake lies, fake ties, make up, more make up, falsies, make up again, fake eyelashes, eyeliner, fake eyelids, eye make up, cosmetic surgery, more cosmetic make up surgery falsie fake cubic pubic millimetres... On TV, 'Any message for women, Madonna?' 'Yeah girls, just be yourself.'

Laughing out loud Like it! John Cooper Clarke would be proud of that.

(My God, this is weird. You are getting through to me MM!!) Can I start a cult in your name?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2019, 10:11 AM

cult in your name?[/i]

I've been called that before.