Forgotten sketch show

Me and my mum watched a sketch show a few years ago and always joke about it but all we can't remember what it was. It had a blonde female comedian (and possibly a brunette) and one of the scenes was set in a museum where she kept saying 'how about over here' (or something similar) and was stood in a vase and then held a sponge in front of her face and said 'can you see me through this sponge'.

It still cracks us up but we still to this day have no idea what it is and we've been searching for weeks, please help!

The show is Anna and Katy.

It was broadcast on Channel 4 in 2013 and starred Anna Crilly and Katy Wix.

I thought the show was as wonderful as it was weird, and in any rational universe it would have been recommissioned but the sad fact is that many viewers and many critics simply didn't "get it". Hence, there was only ever one series.

Unusually for a British comedy show, it had more writers than a rugby union side has players - and bloody good writers too!

Something of a lost treasure, I think.

Didn't it feature an OTT John Barrowman, played by John Barrowman?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 4th August 2019, 6:22 PM

No but I remember that show too!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 4th August 2019, 5:42 PM

The show is Anna and Katy.

It was broadcast on Channel 4 in 2013 and starred Anna Crilly and Katy Wix.

I thought the show was as wonderful as it was weird, and in any rational universe it would have been recommissioned but the sad fact is that many viewers and many critics simply didn't "get it". Hence, there was only ever one series.

Unusually for a British comedy show, it had more writers than a rugby union side has players - and bloody good writers too!

Something of a lost treasure, I think.

Omg it is I've been looking for years! Would you know where I could watch it online I can't find it anywhere?

Episode 3 is on YouTube.

Or you can watch it by clicking below.

There are a number of sites claiming to have the full series available for watching online but some of those sites look extremely dodgy.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th August 2019, 12:22 AM

Episode 3 is on YouTube.

Or you can watch it by clicking below.

There are a number of sites claiming to have the full series available for watching online but some of those sites look extremely dodgy.

Ah annoyingly I wanted to watch the sponge scene but it's not in that episode and I can't find it anywhere!

Thank you for all your help though

Quote: Christie222 @ 5th August 2019, 12:27 AM

Ah annoyingly I wanted to watch the sponge scene but it's not in that episode and I can't find it anywhere!

Thank you for all your help though

The sponge scene is in Episode 4.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 4th August 2019, 6:22 PM

Sorry that's Watson and Oliver.