Jacob Rees-Mogg - Leader of the House of Commons

Jacob Rees-Mogg on his way to work as Leader of the House of Commons:

https://youtu.be/kV11nRTaWcg

Doesn't work for me Carlos. I was waiting for something to connect Mogg with the visuals. Sorry.

Still love the Boris one!

Quote: playfull @ 30th July 2019, 2:20 PM

Doesn't work for me Carlos. I was waiting for something to connect Mogg with the visuals. Sorry.

I think this works very well, actually.

Having already read the name "Jacob Rees-Mogg" in the video title, the sight of the tall, slim, very formally dressed character immediately brings JRM to mind and, because JRM is such a very unusual person, the absurd walk brings an immediate laugh of recognition. It's exactly the sort of walk one can imagine JRM doing on his way to work in the morning.

It's even funnier if you know that JRM is 6' 2" tall and therefore much closer to John Cleese's height than many people might imagine.

All in all, this is a very clever video.

I can see what you both mean, it could have done with a clip of Jacob Rees-Mogg at the end arriving somewhere. That would have given it a beginning a middle and an end. I will remember that next time.

It's the image I have of him as well and I could see him walking like that too, and that's what made me giggle.

The Boris one seems to be doing well on Facebook, makes me think I should have spent more time on the lip sync than I did.

Everything that's ever been written and performed might have been written and/or performed better but, rather than worry about how one might set about improving the above little video, I'll say this:

If it had been shown on HIGNFY with the introduction "Jacob Rees-Mogg, keen to reduce his carbon footprint, leaves his car at home and walks to work", it would have got a very big laugh.

Likewise, if the above Python snippet had appeared on TV for any reason whatever in recent times and somebody, sitting with friends or family in the comfort of their own living room had said "It's Jacob Rees-Mogg!", it would have got a big laugh.

That's all that's necessary: you link that little video with Jacob Rees-Mogg in people's minds and it's funny.

Like many great comedy ideas, it's simple and it works wonderfully - so kudos to Carlos for having come up with it!

Thanks Rood Eye, I can't look at Jacob Rees-Mogg without imagining the silly walk :)