Do we drive the ladies away or... Page 3

I have the opposite problem.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 29th July 2019, 2:15 PM

I have the opposite problem.

You mean the ladies drive you away?

Women rarely approach me because they are intimidated by my George Clooney charm, Brad Pitt looks and Oscar Wilde wit. When Melanie C finally plucks up the courage to propose to me, I shall probably say yes. In the meantime, I cannot ask her myself because a male initiative would contradict the Spice philosophy of Girl Power.

Which Oscar Wilde is that???

If you are using Oscar Wilde wit as one of your selling points this may be your problem?

I like to consider myself an English Andrew Dice Clay, but not as subtle.

Maybe if the five or six guys who put long winded posts explaining in minute detail why this comedian or actor is crap while never qualifying that their tedious diatribe is only one opinion and therefore not a fact would be more concise ( we know you're experts on comedy writing and acting , you've told us this ad nauseam , so no need to bang on about it ) this site would attract more women . Better still list some paid broadcast credits you've had in the last five years so we can stand back in amazement at your talent . Cue stupid inane replies .

Looking back over the years, my impression is that BCG's active membership has always been predominantly male. That might be a false memory but I'm pretty sure the most vociferous members have tended to be male.

As for driving women away, I don't think women in the modern day and age are more easily intimidated, disgusted or appalled by other people's opinions than men are. There are sensitive and/or intolerant souls within each gender group but when we lose a woman member from an already tiny population of active women members, her disappearance is more noticeable than the disappearance of a man would be.

We just got stale and boring and not much fun. The only thing that ever sparks debate now is the endless Punch and Judy Brexit battle in the news thread, and that's about as fun as chewing nettles. It's not a gender thing anymore, it's a people thing.

I think if you are not aware it's a male-female thing, it's a male-female thing.

Geek:*

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th August 2019, 12:09 PM

I think if you are not aware it's a male-female thing, it's a male-female thing.

In that case, it must be a male-female thing.

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! I see what you did there!

Why, you . . . . !!!!!! Laughing out loud

Not a joke, Rood. Just how men and women tend to operate.

Yes. I think women have better things to do with their time. Like the housework for instance.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th August 2019, 12:43 PM

As for driving women away, I don't think women in the modern day and age are more easily intimidated, disgusted or appalled by other people's opinions than men are. .

I used to hate it at uni when guys spoke about girls sexually... Then I overheard women on men and they made Adolf Hitler sound like Emma Bunton.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 30th August 2019, 12:16 PM

I overheard women on men and they made Adolf Hitler sound like Emma Bunton.

I've known women like that: they're no good for the ego.

There are, of course, women who do make allowances for a man's imperfections.

Thank God! Laughing out loud