The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 27

RIP Mr Jones, you were a wonderful actor.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th July 2019, 3:09 PM

Freddie Jones, father of Toby Jones, died today aged 91.

RIP Rip

Quote: playfull @ 10th July 2019, 5:09 PM

RIP Rip

(He's been waiting over 10 years to use that)

RIP
Freddie and Rip.
I think they were very similar in that they both had a certain manic look about them (in a nice way of course)

RIP Rutger Hauer. I hope he's gone back to have another look at the attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion.

Still the best science fiction film for me - and he was the best thing in it. I copied his haircut, dyed almost white.

RIP Rutger
Ridley Scott's Director's Cut is the best version,without the talk over .

I agree.

Quote: chipolata @ 24th July 2019, 6:32 PM

RIP Rutger Hauer. I hope he's gone back to have another look at the attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion.

That was so moving.

Some years ago, my son bought me all the versions etc. in a boxed set tin.

Quote: beaky @ 24th July 2019, 8:30 PM

Still the best science fiction film for me - and he was the best thing in it..

That film had the best of everything. Never tire of watching it. Superb

Yes - Rest In Peace

Actor Jeremy Kemp has died at the age of 84.

Well known to TV viewers and cinemagoers alike, he will be remembered by many as PC Bob Steele in Z Cars.

Ironically, he tells an interesting tale of how, after leaving the series, he was himself beaten up by the police in a police station cell, saying "I reported a drinking club to the police for not having a proper licence. What I didn't realise was that the club was paying the cops £50 a week protection money."

RIP Jeremy
I remember him from Z cars although he wasn't in it that long I don't think
I identified with him particularly because at the time my face was as marked as his.

Quote: beaky @ 24th July 2019, 8:30 PM

Still the best science fiction film for me - and he was the best thing in it. I copied his haircut, dyed almost white.

What film would that be then?

Minnie Mouse has died.

Not the real Minnie Mouse (obviously) because she isn't and never was really real: she was and still is a cartoon character.

What's happened is that Russi Taylor, who was the voice of Minnie Mouse for 30 years beginning in 1986 has died at the age of 75.

Coincidentally (and rather charmingly, I think) Russi was married to Wayne Allwine who was the voice of Mickey Mouse from 1977 until his death in 2009.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th July 2019, 8:50 AM

Minnie Mouse has died.

Not the real Minnie Mouse (obviously) because she isn't and never was really real: she was and still is a cartoon character.

What's happened is that Russi Taylor, who was the voice of Minnie Mouse for 30 years beginning in 1986 has died at the age of 75.

Coincidentally (and rather charmingly, I think) Russi was married to Wayne Allwine who was the voice of Mickey Mouse from 1977 until his death in 2009.

Not the real one????????????

Quote: Chappers @ 28th July 2019, 9:22 PM

Not the real one????????????