8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Series 14 (?) 2017 repeats

Didn't fancy this when it was first on for some reason, but now watching the repeats and it's all hysterical.

Jimmy is the key to most of this and a lot depends on guests of course, and the most recent repeat I watched this week was superb, and very, very funny :-

Guest Captain Johnny Vegas and Bob Mortimer versus Guest Captain Kathy Burke and Roisin Conaty, with John Cooper Clarke in Dictionary Corner with Susie Dent, and Rachel Riley of course.
Goes without saying anything Bob is on is going to be a hoot and Dr John's poems were brilliant - and I don't like poetry! Perhaps his sort are my bag.

Each week Jimmy finds some way of having a sexual innuendo joke or two with Susie and Rachel, with some clearly off the cuff when they relate to the letters chosen. Again, VERY funny and the girls either give as good as they get or just join in the joke.

Yes, I am now a fan of the programme and some poetry.

As you said Herc... it all depends on the guests.
I watched this episode and it was one of the funniest yet.
Sweary Kathy Burke is always value and it helps that i'm in love with Roisin Connerty
And Johnny and Bob were fantastic.
Cooper Clark's poetry is legendary and his limericks are even better

eg:
Two ugly sisters from Fordham
Went out for a walk due to boredom
On the way back
A Sex maniac
Leaped out from a bush and ignored 'em

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th July 2019, 10:18 AM

Cooper Clark's poetry is legendary and his limericks are even better
eg:
Two ugly sisters from Fordham
Went out for a walk due to boredom
On the way back
A Sex maniac
Leaped out from a bush and ignored 'em

Laughing out loud

Yes, I think one of his DVDs needs to go on my wants list...................

I see there are a number of them - does anyone have a recommendation, please?

Series 18 starts tonight on Channel 4 at 9 o'clock.

Have to watch that on catch up.

It used to be my don't miss show.

I tune in to the freeview channel 4Music (channel 29) every night at 9pm for the daily instalment of 8 Out Of 10 Cats but for the last few weeks they have been repeating the same episode every day. I mean...what's the deal with that?

It's annoying because I don't care if the episodes are 10+ years old I just want a new episode.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th July 2019, 3:57 PM

Series 18 starts tonight on Channel 4 at 9 o'clock.

I thought Miles's beef butler was one of the better guest gags of recent times. Matafeo was great value too. I love Vic and Bob together but on his own Vic is more annoying than funny.

Paul Young on for 30 seconds!

Was that Aaron?

Refreshing to see a character comic on that was actually funny, Adam Riches was great value, the milking thing has to be one of the best Dictionary Corner bits for a good while.