What are you reading? Page 6

Three Men in a Boat.

I think I attempted it before. Not hard work though.

It depends where you are in the boat? I should imagine that the tiller is the cushy number .

'Lethal White', the latest Rowling private detective novel. Must say I'm really impressed by the amount of research she must have done. Very gripping. Great writer.

Is it a Strike novel? I quite like the TV show.

Yes, and it's a massive tome, more than 700 pages so it's a good read. Think it's the latest in the series. I didn't even know there'd been a tv series.

Yes! On the BBC. I like it, but they have to keep waiting until she writes another book to make more.

Do they look anything like you imagined them?

"The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.
Fantastic.
And the first of four 'related' novels, I was pleased to discover.

Quote: zooo @ 27th July 2019, 12:59 PM

Yes! On the BBC. I like it, but they have to keep waiting until she writes another book to make more.

Do they look anything like you imagined them?

He doesn't at all. He looks far too neat, tidy and young. I imagine Strike as a big rough man.

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th July 2019, 2:08 PM

I imagine Strike as a big rough man.

Cor blimey.

Quote: zooo @ 27th July 2019, 2:59 PM

Cor blimey.

They've made him far too refined. I don't think I could watch this.I think They've tried to glamourise him, which the books never do.

Rory McCann ("The Hound" from Game of Thrones) was my favourite contender for the part of Cormoran Strike before the role went to Tom Burke.

If he was ever willing to take the role, they should have signed him up before he had the slightest chance to change his mind.

If they had signed him up, I'd be a fan of the series.

However, they signed Tom Burke and although he's probably a perfectly nice bloke, I just can't take to him in the role of Strike.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th July 2019, 8:46 PM

Rory McCann ("The Hound" from Game of Thrones) was my favourite contender for the part of Cormoran Strike before the role went to Tom Burke.

If he was ever willing to take the role, they should have signed him up before he had the slightest chance to change his mind.

If they had signed him up, I'd be a fan of the series.

However, they signed Tom Burke and although he's probably a perfectly nice bloke, I just can't take to him in the role of Strike.

Yes, he looks more like the real thing. The other one is too poncey.

Just finished 'The Survivors' -Kate Furnivall. I knew bugger all about the Displaced Persons camps, so this has opened a door.

'The Man With No Face - Peter May.

This thread.