Top Gear Page 7

Quote: beaky @ 12th October 2014, 11:02 AM BST

Particularly as I've got an Argentinian partner...

Interesting......... :)

Ah lol - I didn't see that you live in Spain (spawny git) So I rescind my praise of your research :) :)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th October 2014, 9:40 AM BST

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2014/10/10/top-gear-in-argentina-what-really-happened/

That is total bollocks and anyone who thinks otherwise is extremely naive.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th October 2014, 4:29 PM BST

Couldn't be arsed to read through that lot. Angry

Quote: Chappers @ 12th October 2014, 4:29 PM BST

It indeed sounds rather fishy, not only because...

Quote: zooo @ 11th October 2014, 10:45 AM BST

...it's precisely the sort of thing they would normally do on purpose!

Top Gear - Series 22: An Evening With Top Gear

In a Radio Times poll of 5000 viewers, Jeremy Clarkson has been voted the best ever Top Gear presenter.

Not only did he top the poll, he received almost 75% of the votes!

The full results are:

1. Jeremy Clarkson
2. James May
3. Richard Hammond
4. Chris Harris
5. Tiff Needell
6. Matt LeBlanc
7. Paddy McGuinness
8. Freddie Flintoff
9. Vicki Butler-Henderson
10. Quentin Willson

Given the margin by which Jeremy won, the result might be better expressed as "Clarkson first, everybody else nowhere".

He might not be everybody's cup of tea (to put it mildly) but, love him or loathe him, it's difficult to deny that he is a superb motoring journalist.

Why am I not surprised.............to me those three in the photo WERE "Top Gear" and no matter how many "lads" the Beeb puts together it will never be the same.

Hence the reason I rarely watch it now.

They were the spark.
They took it to The Grand Tour and subtlety mocked Top Gear with a looky likey show.
Except it was better.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th July 2019, 1:31 PM

They were the spark.

Yes, but also many features were lost. I say many, but the ones I recall were The Cool Wall, the general banter on the "settee", the star in a reasonably priced car (who can forget Lionel Ritchie when one of the wheels came off!!), The Stig taking mega cars to their limit around the track, The Hamster nearly killing himself, the day they named Gambon corner, the mockery of new gadgets.............................

No, they can stuff the present programme right up their exhaust.

I've got no sympathy for Freddie Flintoff. If he wants to do stupid stunts then that's his funeral.

The whole idea of the programme, as far as I'm aware but I've only watched it once, is to do dangerous things in motor vehicles. Entertaining?

Never watched it as ALL these "new" presenters get on my tits, and I reiterate what I said when it first started...............

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th July 2019, 1:59 PM

No, they can stuff the present programme right up their exhaust.